Sniffing Permanent Markers, is it really that bad?

PDA

View Full Version : Sniffing Permanent Markers, is it really that bad?

raisinbran
11-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, I have always wondered, is sniffing permanent markers really as bad as smoking weed (thats what I heard), when if it is, why are they allowed in schools, every kid sniffs them atleast once in there lifetime?

Why do people do it as well, when it doesn't give you a high or anything?

RedTears
11-26-2006, 05:02 PM
People do it because permanent markers smell good.

Evil_Magician
11-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Never heard something about permanent markers , but super glue can get you high.
Ussualy they dont even selll them to kids.
I have smelled markers before but they dont do anything, glue is a different thing.

raisinbran
11-26-2006, 05:03 PM
I found some things on it (not facts yet),

The Short Term

Sniffing can make you sick. For example, victims may become nauseated, forgetful, and unable to see things clearly. Some victims lose control of their body, including the use of arms and legs. You don't look real cool stumbling around high from inhalants. Side effects can last 15 to 45 minutes after sniffing. People who sniff often act intoxicated and experience short-term memory loss as well.

The Long Term

* potential "Sudden Sniffing Death" even for first-time users
* permanent brain damage
* hearing loss
* increased heart rate
* arm or leg spasms
* bone marrow damage
* liver and kidney damage
* damage to an unborn baby, if pregnant.

Chronic inhalant abusers may exhibit such symptoms as anxiety, excitability, irritability, or restlessness that can lead to violent behavior.

Can it really kill you?

Tom Martin
11-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Its a small form of solvent abuse. I can assure you it would give you a high if you continually sniffed it for a bit, and its highly dangerous in that case. But having a quick wiff of a marker in a lesson isn't dangerous.

permanentmarker
11-26-2006, 05:05 PM
:kissass: sniff it bitches

#1 synth
11-26-2006, 05:07 PM
:haha

that list is so silly... :sad:

raisinbran
11-26-2006, 05:09 PM
How the hell does sniffing markers give you bone marrow damage? How the hell does it affect your kidneys and liver?

I am now wondering what makes you get high from markers.

methinks google is the answer.

esther_mouse
11-26-2006, 05:12 PM
^ probably the same stuff as is in poppers. poppers suck. there is no point in inhalants whatsoever.

yet i still have some poppers for special occasions. :(

dajumbles
11-26-2006, 05:13 PM
How the hell does sniffing markers give you bone marrow damage? How the hell does it affect your kidneys and liver?

I am now wondering what makes you get high from markers.

methinks google is the answer.

Google is the answer to all problems, questions, etc.

You want to know the meaning of life? Google it!

permanentmarker
11-26-2006, 05:17 PM
it will get into your bloodstrem by osmosis in the lungs, probably damaging the liver and kidneys.
it will mix with oxygen in the bloods haemoglobin which is used in the construction of bone marrow, continuin with damage to that.
basically the chemicals get into the blood
this probably accounts why people are dizzy when high, because of oxygen deprivation in the muscles, so the stumble alot

esther_mouse
11-26-2006, 05:18 PM
it will get into your bloodstrem by osmosis in the lungs, probably damaging the liver and kidneys.
it will mix with oxygen in the bloods haemoglobin which is used in the construction of bone marrow, continuin with damage to that.
basically the chemicals get into the blood

and you smell bad too :rolleyes:

captain_jack
11-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Sniffing markers, glue, air freshner, ect. is WAY more dangerous than weed. Inhalants can kill you on the first use. Benadryl and cough medicine is the way to go!

permanentmarker
11-26-2006, 05:20 PM
get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich

:peace:
:cheers:

CoreysMonster
11-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Google is the answer to all problems, questions, etc.

You want to know the meaning of life? Google it!

I did and this is what I got:

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/MEANLIFE.html

Mask_of_Terror
11-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Its probably damaging your lungs and whatnot but...they do smell good :liplick:

bobtheblobb
06-03-2010, 06:03 AM
I got a bit high on some markers in art with my friends and felt sick for 15 min. I had heaps of water and feel fine now but just wondering, will this have any long term effects.

Forkman
06-03-2010, 06:58 AM
This is a brilliant bit of searchbarring.

walkinbazooka
06-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Well, I have always wondered, is sniffing permanent markers really as bad as smoking weed (thats what I heard), when if it is, why are they allowed in schools, every kid sniffs them atleast once in there lifetime?

Why do people do it as well, when it doesn't give you a high or anything?
lol it's far worse for your health than smoking weed.

RockGuitar92
06-03-2010, 07:06 AM
It is worse for you than marijuana. Yes, sniffing markers is really that bad.

red157
06-03-2010, 07:07 AM
I got a bit high on some markers in art with my friends and felt sick for 15 min. I had heaps of water and feel fine now but just wondering, will this have any long term effects.
No.

You can now even play the piano. Regardless of whether you could before.

Wow. June 2010. They make those now?

tyler_j
06-03-2010, 07:08 AM
:kissass: sniff it bitches

win.

mexiSt
06-03-2010, 07:10 AM
It is worse for you than marijuana. Yes, sniffing markers is really that bad.

omg relee worse than MARIJUANA?!?!?!

i can't believe some of the misconceptions that still exist about a plant that has been used for thousands of years...

osXtiger
06-03-2010, 07:11 AM
omg relee worse than MARIJUANA?!?!?!

i can't believe some of the misconceptions that still exist about a plant that has been used for thousands of years...

Don't. You know this will end in a flamewar.

NoLaurelTree000
06-03-2010, 07:12 AM
im fairly certain that most permanent markers nowadays are non-toxic so any 'high' people claim to get from them is entirely placebo. true inhalants are probably the most physically damaging category of drugs out there. just ask this guy:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/NoLaurelTree000/1265270545840.jpg

metalmouth22
06-03-2010, 07:17 AM
I love the smell of permanent markers and petrol, I used to sniff permanent markers a lot when I was around 13

webbtje
06-03-2010, 08:00 AM

This thread was four years old.

bass-man9712
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
they make your brain itch, and i don't think it even has nerves that could cause an itching sensation, thus making it probably not good for you,

but i still smell them at least once a day

EDIT:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iWrf4zJREoc/SHhuSdc5RVI/AAAAAAAAAMA/-kEcEj8cSd4/robin.jpg
HOLY NECRO-POST BATMAN!