Melodeath Thing [PTAB/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Melodeath Thing [PTAB/MIDI]

Nunwhxre 666
11-27-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm back starting another song. I'm going for a more melodeath-type feel. Any suggestions/comments on what I have so far would be highly apprectiated. :D

altosaxgeek5
11-27-2006, 08:18 PM
I like the riff, and the harmony, but not the solo. The solo's just very stiff and uninteresting.

crit? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7446222#post7446222

Burning_Angel
11-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow. I think it'll be a lot easier to crit when finished, so i'll say, I really like it so far. The solo is awesome, and I loved the pre-solo riff. Just finish it like you did the other one.

Nunwhxre 666
11-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Ok, I have more written. I finished the first solo, gone into a verse 1 and a chorus. But, I feel as the song gets into the first verse and chorus it looses it's melodeath feel and has a less metal feel. It's starting to sound like my Folk Metal peice.

Only, I'm not as happy with this. I feel this still needs alot of work before I start writing any new sections. :(

Anyway, let me know what you think of the new stuff.

ouchies
11-28-2006, 04:11 PM
wow I really like everything in it.

The new stuff was awesome. I don't know if I can really say anything was wrong about it.

Nunwhxre 666
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Hmm. At least it's turning out good. =] But I still think there's some changes to be made. Cause a few parts still sound a bit weird to me.

psychotim
11-28-2006, 05:52 PM
I dont realy like the intro, its weard.
But your Pre-Solo on the other hand is pretty sweet.
And your solo is very good in the beginning, then it goes to just good.
I like the ending of the Pre-Verse, and the verse is ok.
Your chorus is also ok, but i think that the rhythm guitar drowns the lead here.

Burning_Angel
11-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Ok, I have more written. I finished the first solo, gone into a verse 1 and a chorus. But, I feel as the song gets into the first verse and chorus it looses it's melodeath feel and has a less metal feel. It's starting to sound like my Folk Metal peice.

Only, I'm not as happy with this. I feel this still needs alot of work before I start writing any new sections. :(

Anyway, let me know what you think of the new stuff.

hmm. I actually dont think it ever lost its melodeath feel. It sounds a lot like In Flames (Colony Era...), but i think better...

Deth Toll
11-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Sounds like a good start. I like the solo there. And the bassline kept it interesting.

Don't slack off, though. This could turn into something good. As you said, you were going for something in the melo-death vein. You're off to a good start.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474839

Nunwhxre 666
11-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Ok. Finished for now. I added an interlude. A verse 2 and an outro. Any suggestions on how to make this better would be much appreciated. =]

Burning_Angel
11-29-2006, 07:16 PM
I really liked the end of the chorus. And i like the whole song as well. It flowed very nicely.

Evil_Magician
12-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Nice.
I love the harmonys :D

Masochist_Lust
04-17-2007, 08:11 AM
I liked most of it, but there's some parts I absolutely loved and some parts that really didn't do it for me.

Intro/Harmonising - It was alright, but I still didn't really like it as much
Pre-Solo/Pre-Verse - I absolutely loved this part, I thought it was very well done
Solo - Likewise, it was very melodic and modest, but I hoped it could have gone for a little bit longer
Verse I - The Pre-Verse introduced the verse very well and it went together nicely
Pre-Chorus - Didn't really care for it all that much, I have to admit
Chorus - Sounded a bit too jammed with instruments
Verse II - Once again, very well done
Outro - I didn't really like this part all that much, but it was a great way to end the song.

All in all, well done, and I give about 7/10.

onebetter
04-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I really liked the song. However, like you said, it seems like it turned into folk in the second half and lost some of the melodeath feel. Not that this is a problem, but try adding some more dissonance and a heavier riff or two if you want to keep the metal feel going. But, either way, this is a good, well written song. The only problem I had was the solo seemed kind of short and wasn't used to it's full potential. If it was longer it would keep the song interesting. Or you could add a second solo. That would work too. Crit my new song? It's the progressive thrash one in my sig.

EDIT: lol, that's pretty funny. I critted your song asking for a crit and you critted mine asking for a crit.

rusty-knives
11-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Jesus that was a short song.
It was good though, however I don't like the end... how it just stops. Very abrupt to the ears.
You should write some drums, some double bassing would make the melodeath feel more prominent. :]

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17227105#post17227105