figuring out what effects are in a song

PDA

View Full Version : figuring out what effects are in a song

'95PearlWyteVR4
11-27-2006, 09:13 PM
i listen to some avenged sevenfold and was wondering what effects they use for the solo in MIA. i mean i really hate the singer for them but if you listen to them i think they have a pretty good guitarist. im not death metal kid but i just like a good guitar when i hear it.

profchaos33
11-27-2006, 09:21 PM
a7x isnt death metal...

Nickm13
11-27-2006, 09:27 PM
there are no effects in that solo. most of it is guitar harmonies(they have two guitarists). as far as tone, they use bogner amps. so its pure tube amp and some good playing. And i agree with profchaos33, avenged arnt death metal, and you dont have to be a "death metal kid" to listen to them.

'95PearlWyteVR4
11-27-2006, 09:29 PM
they used to be and some of it is...but anyways tahnks for your help man...i know there are some people who think avenged sevenfold is deathmetal because they used to be so just throwing it out there.

GNR4EVER
11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
they used to be and some of it is...but anyways tahnks for your help man...i know there are some people who think avenged sevenfold is deathmetal because they used to be so just throwing it out there.

No they weren't, and no it isn't

'95PearlWyteVR4
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
whatever my bad...the song chapter four is pretty hardcore but i guess its not deathmetal its just hardcore my fault thats what i meant...

sonixon
11-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Okay, some of you people need to shut the fuck up, seriously. The point of this thread was not to argue about where Avenged Sevenfold fits in its genre, because thta is a useless argument, never to be won by anyone, nor would it even solve anything if it could. Stop being ignorant assclowns.

But anyways. If you have questions about settings to get certain sounds, check this thread out: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294480