Most beneficial shred song

PDA

View Full Version : Most beneficial shred song

srv_king
11-28-2006, 09:23 PM
You guys know what im talking about. sometimes you learn a song well and afterwards you realize your chops have improved. good songs for technique building. i found technical difficulties by paul gilbert was good for streching and alternate picking. so name a few beneficial and it will be appreciated. thanks

garden of grey
11-28-2006, 09:26 PM
maybe the rec thread?
im not sure if this should be there though.

Serrana if you want a really IMPOSSIBLE sweeping clinic

Beckerism
11-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Altitudes FTW!

Truly though, most shred songs have a variety of different techniques in them. Technical Difficulties/Scarified anyone? :p:

Edit: DOH!

Johnljones7443
11-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Always With Me, Always With You by Satch.

I remember spending 6+ months perfecting the relatively short legato passages in that.. it was kinda hard for me though, my legato was lack luster and without the pick my phrasing was just blah, my notes had no definition & it was generally very weak.

So the relatively short passages in that gave me time to work on the technique, but also trying to master his little phrasing nuances without using the pick for definition.

It opened up a whole new world for my left hand and phrasing.

KranK IT!!!
11-28-2006, 09:33 PM
the solo to MR. CROWLEY it took me a good couple of months to get it down, and it really improved my playing

rockgodman
11-28-2006, 09:38 PM
"bark at the moon" by ozzy helped me alot with picking techniques

eviledge87
11-28-2006, 10:26 PM
if you want to bone up on your sweeping technique id recommend "Perpetual Burn" by Jason Backer, it's almost all sweep, tapping, or legato

Godly Moose
11-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Tender surrender by Vai basically covers every technique. Not the most hardest licks for each technique, but pretty good.

Stratwizard
11-29-2006, 06:29 AM
^Well the legato stuff is pretty hard.

Liberty and Technical Difficulties among many others have been useful for me.