Doug Aldrich

PDA

View Full Version : Doug Aldrich

powerlord
11-29-2006, 01:46 PM
I just needed to say that I think this guitarist should be ranked at the top,personally I think he may be the best shred man there is.Everyone talks about Vai,Satriani,Gilbert,Zakk,and Doug probably out manuevers all of these guys.I know it's not a competition,but this guy does have extraordinary style and speed! :)

Godly Moose
11-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Never heard of him. I'm going to search on youtube real quick. But besides really Gilbert, we don't really talk about the others that much, it's more of people coming in here posting a thread about them. Lets see how good he is. :)

EDIT: He was alright, better then Zakk, from what I saw not better then(Technique wise) Vai, or Satch, and no where near Gilberto. His alt. picking was pretty good, but his legato was somewhat sloppy, and he played an awful lot of pentatonics. But this was what I saw from that one video, and was all just my opinion. I'll look for some more videos, but it would be nice if you could put up a link to see some more of his better stuff.

powerlord
11-29-2006, 08:44 PM
You need to watch the whitesnake video,In the still of the Night Live.Then ye shall see grasshopper.

Night_Lights
11-29-2006, 09:26 PM
^whitesnake? John Sykes ftw!

Nite27
11-30-2006, 12:52 AM
the only Doug Aldrich stuff i've seen was when he did lead guitar on the "DIO: Holy Diver Live" DVD.. Doug did pretty well for himself, considering he just recently relearned all the material.. hes no Craig Goldy or Vivian Campbell, in my opinion.

powerlord
11-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Thats because he's Doug Aldrich,he has his own style.I wasn't saying he's better than everyone else,only that he deserves notice like all the greats,believe me,David Coverdale is a picky man,he doesn't let just anyone play in that band(Reb Beach) for instance.Some of the best rock guitar playing has come out of the Snake.