Which Guitar is Better?

PDA

View Full Version : Which Guitar is Better?

kurt_hendrix
11-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Should i Get a fender stratocaster of a Gibson Les Paul.

mpt
11-30-2006, 08:51 AM
needless to say the les paul is the better guitar...
get what you want dood :P

GuitarFreak664
11-30-2006, 08:53 AM
i voted les paul because they are better for what I play. What style of music do you play?

niguitars.com
11-30-2006, 08:53 AM
no one can definitively answer

based on your sig a strat may suit you better

Gibson__SG
11-30-2006, 08:59 AM
would be easier if you could tell us your style. i think for the hardrock-metal thing a les paul is better.
but for rock 'n' roll and funk a strat is the better choise

JHJFDGJP
11-30-2006, 12:26 PM
I Would Say A Strat Because You Like Nirvana, Also Kurt Cobain Used Alot Of Fenders Not To Mention Jimi Hendrix Possibly The Most Famous Strat User 3 Out Of 4 Of My Favourite Guitarists Use Strats So Thats What Im Gonna Say

duncang
11-30-2006, 12:28 PM
I Would Say A Strat Because You Like Nirvana, Also Kurt Cobain Used Alot Of Fenders Not To Mention Jimi Hendrix Possibly The Most Famous Strat User 3 Out Of 4 Of My Favourite Guitarists Use Strats So Thats What Im Gonna Say

That was the world's worst sentence.

Wolfhound
11-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Play both and you'll see which one you like.
I have a Les Paul but I would really like a Fender Strat as well.
The PRS supposed to be a hybrid of the best features of both but I have never played one that I really liked.

KeViNp
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I'd rather pay 400 dollars for a guitar than 2000 for something almost the same.
Here's what I meant by that
I'd rather have a strat because..
They both
have strings
have a body
play in different tunings
may have a trem
can have humbucker pickups
are played by the best

For price, fender, for a guitar costing 5 times more, overused, and probobly isn't that much better, Gibson

My opinion though

rhcp_freak
11-30-2006, 12:52 PM
That was the world's worst sentence.
oh come on, hes a november 06er. i never actually wrote like that when i first joined. threadstarter, what music do you play? if you play funk, rock, jazz, blues, country and stuff, go for the strat. if you play hard rock and metal, go for the les paul. i prefer strats because you could mod them by adding humbuckers if you wanted.

dazzler16
11-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Well first of all Electric Forum is better for this
secondly I am pretty sure the rules say dont ask this kind of question.
Thirdly how long have you playing? Are you good enough for these guitars? What do you want to play?

My advice go for a good alrounder like the Cort Zenox series they are absolutely brilliant and very cheap but not of cheap materials. the cost is low because they are not fantastically as well known as Gibson or Fender and they may not be as good but I got a Z244 for 325 yesterday and it is absolutly fantastic.

Dont get a guitar that you dont feel you are good enough to play please for the love of God/
I would not advise you spend 2500 on a guitar that you dont need or for the LP why not go for Epi just as good for the price.

gibsonbrothers
11-30-2006, 01:53 PM
oh come on, hes a november 06er. i never actually wrote like that when i first joined. threadstarter, what music do you play? if you play funk, rock, jazz, blues, country and stuff, go for the strat. if you play hard rock and metal, go for the les paul. i prefer strats because you could mod them by adding humbuckers if you wanted.

Lol u joined in aug 06 so ur not that old either smart one