[POWERTAB] buried.

PDA

View Full Version : [POWERTAB] buried.

Grovermans
12-02-2006, 02:48 AM
i have a start to a kind of metal-ish song.
i'm having trouble thinking of other stuff
to go after what i have there, but i'm sure
i'll think of something eventually. but. for now.
do you think i should even bother continuing?

EDIT: finished it.

the clean part has a lot of delay.
like. i've got a note where the
delay is turned on and it goes
for the rest of the clean part,
even through the little solo.

Fallenblood
12-02-2006, 04:47 AM
Woah... Only one measure? Well, you can have it like this:

Grovermans
12-02-2006, 05:07 AM
oh fuck.

i uploaded the wrong file!
okay. i fixed it. sorry about that.

Fallenblood
12-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Sounds good to me.

Nunwhxre 666
12-02-2006, 12:59 PM
I didn't really care for it that much. Alot of parts sounded kinda awkward. Even for metal. The intro I didn't care for, measures 3 and 4 I didn't care for. 5 - 14 were good, I liked those riffs. Measures 15 and 16 were ok, but when it would repeat it sounded a little weird. 24 - 28 where the time signatures kept changing, I didn't like that at all. And 34 - 38 were good too. But, overall, this song could be much better. Sorry, bro. 5/10.

If you get a chance, could you crit one of mine?

cool#9
12-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Metals not my thing, but if this was live i could headbang to it.

ouchies
12-02-2006, 04:52 PM
The intro and the riffs at measures 24 and 32 were my favorite.

Maybe go into a clean interlude based off of the intro? mebe

Spark1284
12-02-2006, 06:47 PM
the chromatics in bar 39 were awesome, but the very last riff, the mainish metal one i didnt really like, it sounds weird, it doesnt stand out and i think u tried for the weird time sigs too much. aside from that i really liked it, id love to hear u do more metal

flyingsquirrel
12-02-2006, 10:42 PM
thats pretty nice, but i think the 4x parts should only be 2x, gets too repetitive, also at some parts we cant really hear the lead

plz crit mine if you have time
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476563

Grovermans
12-03-2006, 01:26 AM
The intro and the riffs at measures 24 and 32 were my favorite.

Maybe go into a clean interlude based off of the intro? mebe
i think i'm going to do that. and.
i'm going to forget about the last
riff that's just a repeat of before.
i'll just send it into a clean interlude.

Hallows_Eve
12-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Focus more on the riffs than putting odd time sigs in every one. Decent, but kinda awkward sounding at times. The intro is killer, tho, that's prolly my favorite part of the song. 6/10

If you get the chance, crit one of the two songs in my sig plx.

WlCmToTheJungle
12-03-2006, 02:04 PM
YES! KYLE IS BACK!

i definently like your softer songs way better though

Americanhoser
12-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Was really grooving on the main riff, you could repeat that over alot of the other stuff and I would like it better. Didn't care for the repeatitive riffs otherwise that didn't carry the potential the main one does. The distorted guitar in the background really adds to the sound, but perhaps only drop half a step on each guitar and play real chords for rhythm?

Grovermans
12-03-2006, 05:24 PM
i finished it.

i'll upload the finished
version into the first post.

the clean part has a lot of delay.
like. i've got a note where the
delay is turned on and it goes
for the rest of the clean part,
even through the little solo.

MadMudgeN
12-04-2006, 06:13 AM
I haven't come back for awhile and I come back to Kyle's music haha. Well, as for the piece...

It was ok. I got a little bored in the clean section just cuz there's only a little variation in there, and it kind of seems like it's too long for the mood of the song (cuz it got me feeling all metal-like at the start, if that makes any sense).

Interesting riffs though man. The only problem was a little bit repetitive, but it happens. Good work overall. 8/10

Spark1284
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
i love the interlude you added and how it changes through the song. it makes the song feel much more epic too, which is never a bad thing. the bluesy like solo over it however wasnt too original, it was alot of the same formation- its a great idea but i think it needs more, overall i like this version much more than the original

phantom1
12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
i like the intro/chorus a lot. interesting riffs too, although they got a little repetitive. i liked the clean part, but after a while i got kinda bored with it.. solo and outro were pretty good

oh and yay you're back :) good to see/hear something from you

aprescott_27
12-06-2006, 07:31 PM
I'd say the only thing I didn't like about this song (other than the fact that it is a bit repetative) is measures 3 and 4. The whole 5/4 into 13/8 and back thing was more than a bit awkward. I did like the 5/8 into 7/8 part, though.

I think the interlude is a bit long. I liked it, but maybe shorten it up a bit. I liked the guitar solo, and I think you should have a guitar solo with the distorted tone right after the one with the clean tone. I think that would have a nice effect.

Overall, not bad. Not quite my style, but still good. You can take a look at the song in my sig if you want. I've not finished updating it yet, so a new version isn't on there.

saddam
12-07-2006, 06:28 AM
I liked the melodic parts, could be nice metalcore or melodic death metal. The solo and clean part were very nice as well, but the (first i think) verse wasn't too good, didn't fit the song. Make more metal man, i like this a lot more than your other stuff!

crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478244

westo
12-08-2006, 12:36 AM
i think you should keep the bluesy solo going into the metal part, then crank the distortion and put more metal- but keep that same guitar going through (maybe three guitars in the end?) the time sigs were a little awkward though- however if you have a really good drummer maybe he can pull it off well. pretty good overall