Metal Lied (Ptab + Midi)

PDA

View Full Version : Metal Lied (Ptab + Midi)

gutsman
12-04-2006, 09:45 AM
some type of metal/doom(/folk) song

some parts are still a bit meh. +you might want to skip the first minute of the song since it's meant to be a doom intro but doesn't come out to well on powertab :p:

and ofcourse if you DROP a link and ill be sure to comment on your piece too!

Hallows_Eve
12-04-2006, 10:09 AM
The intro chords, AKA:

Should be replaced. Never make a chord using the 1st or 2nd interval. That part god very repetitive, too. Doom isn't just slow paced power chords, look at Candlemass, Doomsword, Black Sabbath, etc.. It just means each note played is enforced to give it a heavier feel, so it'd be kinda like thrash minus all the fast palm muting.

The next part at 140 BPM is kind of awkward sounding, and the two guitar parts don't go together well IMO, but with work it could be a decent riff.

Bar 31 is decent.

Bars 36 and 40 are good, the best of the song IMO. But the ending to bar 40 gets VERY repetitive since you repeat it for like 2 mins straight.

And don't repeat every riff like 4-8+ times each in a row, it makes the song too repetitive..

The song needs A LOT of work, but there are some riffs here that have potential. Not bad :)

Rate either of the ones in my sig if ya get the chance :cool:

psychotim
12-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah it is defently too repetitive.
If you want to reapet a riff over 2 times
you should change the bass/drums and maybee put some lead stuff over it.
The intro was defently too long and i guess the chords could be used in this kind of music, i dont realy know couse i dont listen to doom metal.
But the riff i liked most was from bar 36 - 44.
And the riff after that was also good.
The riff at 68 - 76 was kinda familliar. dont know from where though.
But i gotta be honest with you, the stuff after that i didnt bother to listen to becouse i almost bored myself to death, it was just so repetitive.
My advise is: Cut down to 2 reapets per riff and add a bass line

Spark1284
12-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Never make a chord using the 1st or 2nd interval
this i must totally disagree with, it just needs to be used correcttly, which im sorry butit isnt. it started off to a slow start and i really dont like the intro or the riff in bar 25. its is the most overused riff in music history and i beg u to get rid of it. the rest of the riffing is fantastic and i think its an awesome song, minus of course the intro and bar 25

cool#9
12-04-2006, 05:38 PM
that beginning is painful to listen to, i hate that interval, and if it was at all out of tune it would be so much worse
bar 39 that tremolo picking sounds kickass
bar 50 with the high d flat (15 fret on g-string :rolleyes: ) that just sounds bad, change the notes
all the stuff after that is just not appealing to listen to until bar 76
all the clean guitar just doesn't seem right in this song in my opinion
could be better, could be worse, needs some revising, props for the attempt
:D

Nunwhxre 666
12-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Sorry, that wasn't very good at all. The only parts that I found enjoyable were bars 36 - 57. Other than that, needs alot of work. Sorry bro.

But, if you get a chance, could you crit mine?