kirk hammett guitars

PDA

View Full Version : kirk hammett guitars

wes_borland
12-04-2006, 03:17 PM
if i wanted to buy a kirk hammet as my first guitar would that be cheating myself, all my friends say i should start playing guitar with an acoustic or a cheap guitar first, to get to know the basics,. anyways. what do u guys think,? should i go to hell...

beeboshain
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
a half way ibanez for bout 200-250 i would say, think ibanezs are the best for all round sound and to learn the basics of most "genres" of music. after starting to play guitar for a while your frame of playing might shift to a different direction and you might not be happy with your kirk and might want to change to suit your way of playing. thats only my opinion though :P

Instrumetal
12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Yeah, cheaper guitars ftw. I started with a Peavey Raptor...lol, it makes you appreciate a better guitar all the more.

maxrevs666
12-04-2006, 03:27 PM
if you are totally sure you want to play guitar and its not going to be a phase you are going through the go for the hammett guitar, you'll get bashed by a lot of guys who cant afford a top end axe like that who will feel they have to sh!t on guys like you who can justify putting down the bones of two grand on a hobby. still, i think it was slash who said you should learn to play first before you invest in 25 grand worth of rackmounted "magic"

p.s. if it turns out to be a phase and you want to sell the guitar after, give me first refusal ;)

Bonsaischaap
12-04-2006, 03:29 PM
if i wanted to buy a kirk hammet as my first guitar would that be cheating myself, all my friends say i should start playing guitar with an acoustic or a cheap guitar first, to get to know the basics,. anyways. what do u guys think,? should i go to hell...

There are probably two explanations for this:
1 your friends could be jealous that you can get a guitar that might be better than theirs.
2 if you discover you don't like playing the guitar, you will not have wasted a lot of money.

x_rox
12-04-2006, 03:30 PM
buy it and sell it to me :D

Nah, just buy something simple until you get the skill and want to play

##_Guitar-newb
12-04-2006, 03:38 PM
buy it.....if guitar is not for you.....its for every1 really so that nots a problem, if you buy a high end guitar.. basically its gona keep alot of its value on ebay, you may lose 200 or so. But think if you bought a 200 guitar to start with and dont like it, its not gona sell on ebay really. so you cant really lose :D if that made ANY ****IN SENSE

wes_borland
12-04-2006, 04:10 PM
hmmm well that does make alot of sense , i'll probably hold off on it for a year or two but an ibanez does sound nice , thanx guys,,,