Shred like Dragonforce

PDA

View Full Version : Shred like Dragonforce

hXcHIMfan
12-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Hi all. Does anyone know where i can find some good excersices to practice so i can shred like Dragonforce. I've been playing for 4 years but i used to be into punk so i suck at solos ya know. I love DF and would love to be able to play Hermans and Sams solos. thanks

Neon Knight
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM
*refrains from insulting Dragonforce*

the only thing I can recomend is practicing slowly and with a metronome, yes, thats the secret to speed, not very exicting but it works.

hotroderguy
12-04-2006, 07:32 PM
practice every single thing u can find

ladiesman91
12-04-2006, 08:10 PM
i wouldnt do the metronome thing, i play dragonforce and ive only been playing for a little less than a year, i play with the cd note for note, and i have never used any metronome, or exercise. i just listen and play, and if im lazy i look up the tab.

soccermom
12-04-2006, 08:19 PM
i wouldnt do the metronome thing, i play dragonforce and ive only been playing for a little less than a year, i play with the cd note for note, and i have never used any metronome, or exercise. i just listen and play, and if im lazy i look up the tab.
I know what you mean about the note for note thing. And i know how machine like and boring it feels playing with a metronome. But do it! When you come to write a song, you can actually stay in time and it isnt just random widdling.
ANYWAY on topic:
Get the tab for the Avenged sevenfold song Beast and the Harlot, and learn the alternate picking section in the solo, it is highly melodic and fairly easy, plus it based around the infamous spider exercise. So not only will you be perfecting your technique you can go impress some dumass girls. And hopefully join a generic metalcore band.
Plus use the search bar mate, i don't want to be an asshole, but you get flamed by some of the assholes on this forum if you don't.

Neon Knight
12-04-2006, 08:19 PM

:haha

I'm sorry I find your ignorance HILARIOUS, if you can give me a single good reason why you wont recomend using a metronome, I will be very impressed.

robertreilly666
12-04-2006, 08:34 PM
use a metronome .

just do it, its not worth the pain later in your playing life when you realize you cant keep time with other instruments

The way to hate
12-04-2006, 08:34 PM

You're a ****ing idiot. You need to practice with a metronome.

hXcHIMfan
12-04-2006, 08:37 PM
thanks everyone. thing is i have never used my little finger before so its quite hard

Andrew Zara
12-04-2006, 08:43 PM
I have to say Herman Li is not the most technical guitar player, he just plays fast. So, if you practice some scales on high bpm's you should be able to play it.

robertreilly666
12-04-2006, 09:12 PM
thanks everyone. thing is i have never used my little finger before so its quite hard

practice my friend!

heres a hint.

adopt a strict one finger to each fret approach, and play the aminor pentatonic scale every day a few times.

a minor is easy and will be in numerous lessons on the site it basically goes (and forgive me cos im crap at typing in tabs)

e -5---|-----|-----|--8
b -5---|-----|-----|--8
g -5---|-----|--7-|----
d -5---|-----|--7-|----
a -5---|-----|--7-|--
e -5---|-----|---- |---8 low e