[GP5 tab] Metal song Potentially Lethal

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5 tab] Metal song Potentially Lethal

robert_smith
12-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Hey all, need a little crit on a song i have- i'm going for a children of bodom/sinergy type sound. The song isn't finished yet but if you could crit what i have so far i'd be grateful.

cheers

demiphoenix
12-06-2006, 11:58 AM
I don't have guitar pro five, sorry, but i'm loving the title. :D

psychotim
12-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Those are good riffs, but there are some dissonant in the intro.
And the melody in verse2 is not that good and it is also a little dissonant.

rodrigomierh
12-07-2006, 12:53 AM
no gp5, post some midi...

shrediquette
12-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Hey man,

This is definitely a pretty nice sounding peice you've put together. My favorite section by far is verse two, it's probably the most original sounding part of the song. My main criticism is the way that you end off verse 2, those last couple of decending notes just don't seem to fit in too well, maybe try to mix in some other notes instead.

here's an idea i came up with just playing around with it:

------------------------------------------------------9-12-9-------
--------14---12-14-12-----------------------10-----------10---
-11-------------------------11---7-11-7---9--------------------9~
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I apologize for the weak tab but it'll have to do. You mentioned you were going after a children of bodom type sound...these guys LOVE to sweep. I don't know if youre into that but if you sweep that little appreggio i added toward the end it would sound pretty sick. Or you could bust out a nice pinch harmonic on that last note as well which would sound decent.

Just some ideas you can throw around. cheers.

Marevix
12-10-2006, 11:06 PM
The riff from verse 1 and 3 are obviously ripped from Deadnight Warrior. The intro isn't too bad. Verse 2 has a good melody, but like the others mentioned, it needs a little tweaking right at the end.