How Do you Create a distortion Effect on Acoustic?

PDA

View Full Version : How Do you Create a distortion Effect on Acoustic?

kurt_hendrix
12-07-2006, 09:50 PM
I was playing Seven nation army by white stripes on an acoustic and i was wondering how to create distortion. Is it even possibile?

Schecter4lyfe
12-07-2006, 09:53 PM
are u seriopus theres pinch harmonics, pick scrapes, bends your a new guitarist arnt you?

lildonutmatt
12-07-2006, 09:58 PM
jellyfish picks work great

Necronomicon
12-07-2006, 09:59 PM
dude there's electric guitars then there's acoustic guitars, without an amp, distortion = 0. i thought that was obvious to people that dont even play guitar

Schecter4lyfe
12-07-2006, 10:01 PM
thank you necro...if you dont know taht you shouldnt be playing teh guitar kurt_hendrix and by the way dont get a strat just cause yoru favorite artist has one its a mistake.

Ackj
12-07-2006, 10:02 PM
are u seriopus theres pinch harmonics, pick scrapes, bends your a new guitarist arnt you?
I believe YOU, sir, are the new guitarist. Nothing you listed will add a distorted sound, and pinch harmonics are barely audible on an acoustic guitar.

As for the threadstarter, acoustic guitars do not produce distorted tones, only electric guitars can using the amps (and effect pedals if you so desire to use them).

Schecter4lyfe
12-07-2006, 10:04 PM
actuall,ACK, pick scrapes are a form of distortion and depending on teh giitar pinch harmonics do come out.

Ackj
12-07-2006, 10:09 PM
actuall,ACK, pick scrapes are a form of distortion and depending on teh giitar pinch harmonics do come out.
I understand that you're in the New Guitarist section, which is good, but no, pick scrapes are not a form of distortion. Distortion is what happens when you change the channels on your amp from "clean" to "distorted" or "gain". Pinch harmonics can be heard on some acoustic guitar, yes, but not very well. They're only pronounced and sound good with lots of distortion, from an electric guitar.

divid3d
12-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I understand that you're in the New Guitarist section, which is good

actually, you're in the New Members section. talking about guitar here is bad.