Im new... Whats a sub octave effect?

PDA

View Full Version : Im new... Whats a sub octave effect?

kurt_hendrix
12-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Hey im trying to play seven nation army and it says to use sub octave effect for the begining, what is sub octave effect exacclly? and im new to guitar soo please dont be telling me im stupid and an idiot cuz iv got that before , from some pro's who think its funny to laugh at beginners.

maXterbat0r
12-07-2006, 10:47 PM
It lowers the pitch down an octave, I think.

ripbarney12
12-07-2006, 10:49 PM
there are some pedals out there that take the note that you play, and drop it down an octave.
Jack white uses a Whammy pedal, i believe.
sub= low
octave=...well...octave
so a suboctave effect will take the note down an octave
and
yeah

delizio37
12-07-2006, 10:50 PM
thats a good question...my guess would be an octave pedal but dont qoute me on that...and pros that think its funny to laugh at beginners are a-holes..ive been playin for 3 years and consider my self pretty decient but i never poke fun at people cuz of there ability or limited knowledge...hey we all were beginners once too.

gwitersnamps
12-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Well, not quite. It makes ANOTHER note below yours, so it harmonizes.

ripbarney12
12-07-2006, 10:55 PM
i think that some do, and some just shloomp it down the octave
its a very good possibility that im wrong tho

jackson action
12-07-2006, 10:55 PM
if hes using a digitech whammy its most likely an octave...I think

maXterbat0r
12-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, not quite. It makes ANOTHER note below yours, so it harmonizes.Is there a pedal that makes a note an octave higher than the actual note with the actual note?

cbursley346924
12-07-2006, 11:01 PM
yeah..you can go up. It's called an octaver. Satriani uses it a lot. But you can get sub octave effects that either play BOTH notes (the octave higher and the octave lower) or there are some that will just use the lower note.

sonixon
12-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Well, not quite. It makes ANOTHER note below yours, so it harmonizes.

...unless you set the "mix" on it to only play the sub-octave that is being generated by the pedal.

Is there a pedal that makes a note an octave higher than the actual note with the actual note?

Yes, it's called a Pitch Shifter, Boss makes a couple, the Digitech Whammy is also capable of it.

Anyways, your question has been answered roughly six times and is also in the wrong forum so

*closed*