How Do you Practise?

PDA

View Full Version : How Do you Practise?

kurt_hendrix
12-07-2006, 11:38 PM
I practise by listening to the song im playing a lot of times till i have it stuck in my head, then just site read part by part and add them all toghether in the end? Any other methods?

orion89
12-07-2006, 11:42 PM
Listen to the kind of music that you would like to play, find tabs, learn them, eventually you'll learn a style and will become proficient at improvising in that style. And yea, that's a decent way to practice.

Tsunoyukami
12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
I usually make sure I know the song at least a bit and then open the tab and play along several times until ic an do it fairly well. If it's a song Im going to play alone (like just my acoustic and I) I usually learn the chords/picking pattern and then sing alogn to the recording several times.

Once I have it somewhat memorized I play it a few times without the recording and record myself to see if it soudns half decent.

Any song I'm serious about learning I usually learn in one evening to a playable level (without vocals) and then add in fine touches and vocals over the next week or two, and by the end of the month I can usually play it fairly well (because I tend to practice it every day once or twice since I learn it originally).

I'm still working on building up a larger repetoire though I've increased my repetoire by about 3 or 4 songs recently (originally I felt no need to actually have a repetoire).

divid3d
12-08-2006, 12:29 AM
i practise by reading the forum descriptions and realising that this forum isn't for questions about guitar.