Smashing punkins new album???

PDA

View Full Version : Smashing punkins new album???

i_got_novacain
12-11-2006, 05:50 PM
i think i read it somewhere that they were bringing out a new album,but i can't remember so anyone know if they are and when is it supposed to be out??just wondering...

DownInAHole.
12-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I heard that too. I haven't found anything on a release date or anything though. Sorry.

tezhall
12-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Well their website says "in the studio now, album out soon" and their myspace says cryptically "who's in the band, not telling. When's the album out, soon"

So I'd say based on two official sources, "soon" is about as accurate as you're going to find.

Oh, the joys of google.

"Tele" Steve
12-11-2006, 07:17 PM
This is old news for a Pumpkinhead like me. Look the band up on MySpace. Jimmy Chamberlin has been posting some blogs about the recording. They've been at it for a couple months now I believe but they're being very tight-lipped about who else is in the band or what the sound will be like, etc. Seems to me that it's just Jimmy and Billy. James or Melissa or D'arcy haven't confirmed their back in the band so I don't think they are. I'd really like James to come back but Billy and him kind of have bad blood now. D'arcy's pretty much a lost cause I think. Hopefully Melissa would come back too but honestly, in the studio, all you really need is Billy and Jimmy.

tezhall
12-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that Melissa has said that while she hasn't been asked, she'd be quite happy to take up the slot if they asked her to. Which implies that either someone else has been asked, or they're going without bass for the time being.

Have to agree that I can't see any way that either D'Arcy or James would come back in to the band after what Corgan has said about them to the press, burned his bridges there methinks.

Godzilla1969
12-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Punkin?

Doolittle
12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
didn't UG post a few articles about this new album ??

divid3d
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM
didn't UG post a few articles about this new album ??

yes. here's a few of them:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/smashing_pumpkins_reunion_will_be.html
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/smashing_pumpkins_hit_the_studio.html
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/smashing_pumpkins_new_album_is_cosmic_journey.html
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/smashing_pumpkins_magnificent_new_album.html

i hope it turns out well. a lot of people are going to be very disappointed if it doesn't, including me.

musiclover2399
12-13-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that Melissa has said that while she hasn't been asked, she'd be quite happy to take up the slot if they asked her to. Which implies that either someone else has been asked, or they're going without bass for the time being.

Have to agree that I can't see any way that either D'Arcy or James would come back in to the band after what Corgan has said about them to the press, burned his bridges there methinks.
X2

I just got a cool pumpkins shirt today, red star with smashing pumpkins in siamese dreamish writing and "Just say maybe" on the back. Niccceee...

I might wear the same pants I wore today just to show off it's awesomeness(watch somebody spill a mountain dew on it or something:()

They're pretty cryptic so I'm a little worried to be honest. I know Billy blamed James for the breakup which James responded with "I didn't break up the band, only Billy could have done that" but Billy later said he loves James so it's like watching a soap opera!

Also I live pretty close to Chicago, I keep wishing I'll bump into one of them or something but no luck :(.

STRAT811
12-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Punkin?
haha. Yes.

Is Iha still in the band?
I would love to hear new Punikin material

onlyonehere
12-14-2006, 12:16 PM
As long as it's better than Zwan it'll be good. Corgan better keep his head screwed on this time.

tezhall
12-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Meh, I quite liked Mary Star of The Sea actually. Mind you, I like Embrace, so draw your own conclusions :p:

onlyonehere
12-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Meh, I quite liked Mary Star of The Sea actually. Mind you, I like Embrace, so draw your own conclusions :p:

Nah I like Embrace.

I mean.... something cooler.... Atreyu... i mean.... Pink.... I mean.... Electric 6....

Whit.

tezhall
12-14-2006, 03:32 PM
I like all of those as well :eek: /spam

musiclover2399
12-15-2006, 07:26 PM
haha. Yes.

Is Iha still in the band?
I would love to hear new Punikin material
Iha is in a perfect circle now isn't he?

Also, has anyone noticed that on youtube there are some videos of panic at the disco covering tonight tonight?

Doolittle
12-15-2006, 08:26 PM
someone told me that they're gonna tour with Courtny Love is this even true?!!?

Caustic
12-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Iha is in a perfect circle now isn't he?

Also, has anyone noticed that on youtube there are some videos of panic at the disco covering tonight tonight?

A Perfect Circle is on indefinate hiatus. So, no.

And if they've covered Tonight Tonight, that's cool. As long as nobody minds when I cover their bodies with cold, damp soil.

divid3d
12-15-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah when my bro and some friends saw panic a couple of months ago in australia they told me they played tonight, tonight. my bro likes the pumpkins and he said it was pretty cool.

musiclover2399
12-17-2006, 12:11 AM
I don't ever get why they say indefinite hiatus, I mean come on if you're broken up we can take it so just say it!

....Indefinite hiatus to me means hope:(

Anyways, I love the pumpkins so much, I wish I was into them before, my friends brother is a humongous fan (he's also like 23) so he's got some really cool stuff. Like apparently he's got their last performance on tape which I would murder for a copy of.

EDIT: Anyone know where I can get some of their b sides and rarities? I know there's a cd of that title but haven't found one anywhere (new anyways).

I saw the band plus 44 at the metro (the location of their first and last show as a band), it's a damn bitchin place, like a really nice rock club or something.