[ptb/midi] some kind of metal

PDA

View Full Version : [ptb/midi] some kind of metal

onebetter
12-12-2006, 05:44 PM
This is the song my band is working on right now. I honestly have no idea it would be classified as so I'm not even going to bother trying. The transition from the intro to the first riff is a little choppy and a couple other parts need a little work. crit 4 crit.

edit: sorry, computer ****ed up, look down a couple posts

Guitarmeister
12-12-2006, 05:47 PM
any links?

E V H 5150
12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
yeah, a link would help...

myvaliantleap
12-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I'd like to listen...:)

onebetter
12-12-2006, 05:52 PM
^ sorry guys my computer wont upload the file in the origional post ill post it here.

Metal_Rich
12-12-2006, 05:59 PM
I liked! Good job, please repost when you have finished it. :)

riffmasta93
12-12-2006, 06:57 PM
not bad man. i liked.

Stolenidentity1
12-12-2006, 08:43 PM
its pretty good all though i dont really like the clean guitar and then repeating that one riff 4 times, then harmonizing that...just really screwy at that part, the rest i like, its got good riffs and a driving bass line, very nice.

EDIT: defienatly not metal, maybe lamb of god hardcore, not metal though!!!!

_RATM_
01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
hey i liked it alot, the riff right before the pre verse is excellent, and the transition fills were very nice. i didi think some of the bass interludes were unnecesary but i see the effect you were trying to create.. awesome job

maisey ferret
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Upon first listen the intro seems too long, but 2nd time its perfect length.

I like the distortion break through after the lil clean repeats, works really well in my view.

As for the dissonant harmonies afterwards, they are very of the genre, and dissonance is always just a personal like or dislike.

Me likes : )

It doesnt seem to scream structure to me, this would make it flow better and easier on the ear. If u repeated some of the begging sections at the end or just create a verse/chorus it would make it easier to listen to as the brain then has land marks to hear out for. Help the ear work out the structure : )

But yea, ace bass lines! Hope u can get sum1 to play them lol. Great riffs too! Sounds ace : )

maisey ferret
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
okay, i kinda ddnt see the markers on the Power tab score. my bad.

lol.

Structure is fine.

Its so hard to judge these things when the sound files are like midi's BUT WORSE

onebetter
01-17-2007, 06:47 PM
^ maisey ferret i am the bass player, thats why the lines are much more complex

MOOSE ATTACK!!!
01-18-2007, 12:13 AM
The intro was painful. The chorus rocked. The verse was pretty good. I also liked the use of bass, with the bass solo parts and the basslines that didn't follow the guitar.

also, the title of this thread made me think of st. anger. :no:

piratepirate
01-18-2007, 06:37 PM
I like some of the riffs, but I think it starts sounding repetitive.

Spark1284
01-20-2007, 07:41 PM
the idea for the intro with the soft clean and the heavier guitar is a great idea, but the actual clean riff was annoying. the build up after the intro i really liked as well. u have some reallly excellent riffs in there. the rhythm in the chorus feels weird but thats pretty minor. overall it sounds really good. keep it up

Sharkuzzi
01-21-2007, 03:18 AM
The only thing that i didn't like, it was the intro. It's kinda annoying to me. Maybe if it wouldn't be so long, it would be better. Oh, and the beggining of the pre-chorus (section 37) bugs me a little. IMO it should be a little bit slower. The pre-verse and verse are good, i really like it. The bridge is good, except of the end of it. (section 63, after the last music bar) It should be slower. The best things in this song, are the chorus and the bass line. The bass is really cool, i enjoyed it.

Very good song!

saddam
01-21-2007, 07:29 PM
it was decent, but the clean part didn't work for me somehow...

crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509301

DarkSonata
02-09-2007, 07:33 PM
I like this one...interesting concept to fuse the jazz and metalcore sounds...at the end of the intro just before you go into straight metalcore parts might drag a little too long...i liked most of the rythyms after that and i like the bass throughout the song. good job. 7/10

Nunwhxre 666
02-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Critting as I listen. The first 40 or so seconds of the song bored me. Too much repetition, after that it gets interesting. I like that 7 bar bass fill. I didn't really like the chugging that followed. I like the chorus that was good. The interlude is also good. Once again the bass fill is good stuff. I like the bridge that was pretty good. The out chorus drags on for FAR too long though.

Overall, good song. I love the bass work in this song, it was REALLY good. 8/10.

Crit mine if you get the chance? Decide And Fallen are the newest. If you could check those out I'd really appreciate it.

ch715dallat
02-09-2007, 09:59 PM
it was good once it got goin but that riff starting at 32 seconds i think? just kept ascending and that got quite boring maybe drop it down again instead of continuously goin up that would be my opinion, anyhoo the rest was sweet as, it could finish at that but im assuming your going to add more to it, maybe a solo? anyhoo good work, i dont like giving ratings because they never give you a real idea of how good it is because ppl usually just go 8, 9, 10 cos they dont want to give a bad crit, but your probably deserves around 8 as it was good but as i said maybe change that riff up and it'll be good to go :) c ya, maybe have a look at mine in my sig if you have time, its my first piece.

Andrewbiles
04-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Not totally my kind of thing, but there were some cool guitar riffs in there, it just sounded like there needed to be another guitar with quite a lot of it. Some of the bass twiddles were nice though and filled it out that little bit more, it was just when it wasn't playing or was playing the same notes as the guitar that it really needed something extra. With drums added though I suspect it'd sound full enough and really good.

CanCan
05-31-2007, 02:59 PM
I love the bass, but the riffs sound kinda disconnected. It needs vocals or it'll always feel empty for us.

Robbo16
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
thats nice man, with that fact that this may sound hipocrytical i think if you cut down some repeats or varied them more often it would be ace