[GP5/MIDI] Punk-ish Song

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5/MIDI] Punk-ish Song

Sum41Freek
12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Hey, this is my first posted song, it's okay. I'm not too proud about the solo, but I'm not very good at writing solos anyways. C4C.

And I'm not a bassist or a drummer, so the drums/bass are kinda bland.

ĦBlah!
12-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Whoa that was really good, sorta reminiscst (spelling sucks) of Bad Religion.

Nunwhxre 666
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
That's seriously really good. Very, very catchy. I liked how you kept the solo fairly simple. Because a technical shred solo, which everyone seems to be so fond of writing these days, wouldn't have fit. The drums seem to fit the song really well. So, that's a plus considering you're not a drummer. But, yea. Overall, great peice of work you have here. 9/10.

And could you crit some of my stuff if you get a chance? I'd appreciate it.

psychotim
12-13-2006, 09:49 AM
So i dont really like punk, but this was really good, really catchy.
Only thing which i didnt like was the solo, couse it feels like random notes.
I like the first note in the solo though, it fealt good.

Guitar-God-Elf
12-14-2006, 01:50 PM
before i crit yours id just like to say thanks for critting mine *claps on my own*
anyway to the song...........
Intro was great i love that riff, the main riff sounds awesome with the chords behind it, makes it feel *stronger*
Verse feels strong like its flowing, when palm muting comes on and off i was wondering where the second guitar was, then i realised....lol
il skip to solo since it just repeats from here
loved the first note, sounded emotional, liked the kinda.....two string melody thing, then the kind of climbing up the notes on the string thing was cool, but when u bend on the tenth fret on the top two strings i think you should hold the note rather than stop it almost instantaniously (howeva you spell that word).
i liked the next part going down then jumping back up the notes, but hated the last note of that section, it sounded like it was going to be a lower note, not a higher note, made it sound worse to what i expected.
loved the outro, i cant get that string melody out of my head, and by the time the song finished it had bein played so many times its drilled into your head.
10/10 excellent! nd thanks agen for critting mine hope you find this helpful

TheDarkestNights
12-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Actually, I like it. It reminds me of All That Remains, just a bit less technical. I liked the main riff, there was very little repetition, and that solo was a bit short but good none the less. Seemed a bit too little in-your-face for punk though.

8.5/10.

Crit mine? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488415)

hardcoreatheist
12-23-2006, 08:35 AM
I agree with Blah! on the point of it sounded like Bad Religion (one of my favourite bands btw). Good, simple, catchy riff. Some good lead guitar to avoid the constant powerchordwhoring that a lot of punk bands do. The solo itself was great as well, just one thing I would have done is put something there instead of the rest after the double stops (two string bend on the tenth fret). I just think the pause is a bit too much of an interuption to the flow of the solo. But, that's just my opinion. All in all great song!

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489308

vonfeldt7
12-23-2006, 02:58 PM
I liked it, it sounds like a song im working on...except yours is better....i dont like mine too much after listening to yours now..haha oh well

guitarhero_764
02-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Lol it looks your rhythm guitarist is gonna be bored to tears, you don't ven let him play the verse part.

PabloTaco
02-08-2007, 07:15 PM
muy bien senor

HeavyPick
01-18-2008, 08:55 PM
I liked it.

Nightmarenny
01-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Good fast and yes bad Religion-esc. It sounds very cool. Good thing it doesn't carry on to much though. You don't come close to over playing the riff.

Do me?

Crazy House (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764892)
Monumental Ash (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12411341#post12411341)