Country Joe & the Fish

PDA

View Full Version : Country Joe & the Fish

Carnivean
12-13-2006, 03:00 AM
Hey UG,

I'm sad to inform you all that there is no Country Joe & the Fish thread!! Well, now there is.. and I'd like to add that they are/were a fantastic band and helped contribute to classic rock in that classic way. For anyone who doesn't know who they are, I have put forth a link to one of their classic shows in 1969.. at Woodstock. This show is creepin' up on almost 40 years ago guys. Take it all in.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mlW3iP11fH4

Discuss.

Sublimeman
12-13-2006, 03:12 PM
hell yeah man! country joe and the fish rule! they were a huge part of stopping the vietnam war. Joe mcdonald will gladly sign anything you want for $20 at his website.

marchoso
12-13-2006, 04:44 PM
Joe mcdonald will gladly sign anything you want for $20 at his website.
that's kind of lame..

but country joe does kick ass. i only know a few of his songs but i feel like i'm fixin' to die is one of them.. and it rocks.

TheHeartbreaker
12-13-2006, 04:55 PM
I've basically only heard their stuff from Woodstock, but I'll admit it's pretty groovy.

I haven't ever seen any of their albums before, which is probably why I haven't picked up any of their material.

For a while I was interested in finding some of their music, but was unable to.

Any recommendations, and any idea as to where to possibly get some of their albums?

master
12-13-2006, 05:27 PM
the music sucks. They were culturally significant and important because of the war and Woodstock, but I hate the music.

Carnivean
12-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Omg, I totally forgot to post this video up as well.. This is I Feel Like I'm Fixin' to die again, at Woodstock. This is an epic performance; pay attention to the lyrics.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yqOCXDhOSp4&mode=related&search=

TheHeartbreaker
12-14-2006, 08:46 PM
the music sucks. They were culturally significant and important because of the war and Woodstock, but I hate the music.

I don't think it's really that bad.

I'll admit that the keyboards are really annoying, but overall they don't sound to bad.

I agree with the rest of your comment, though. :cheers:

master
12-14-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't think it's really that bad.

I'll admit that the keyboards are really annoying, but overall they don't sound to bad.

I agree with the rest of your comment, though. :cheers:

yeah, the keyboards completely kill it for me. Their music alone wouldn't have gotten them anywhere.

TheHeartbreaker
12-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Probably not, but I'm sure that some people enjoyed their music.

master
12-15-2006, 11:11 PM
of course! :)

Brandon860
12-16-2006, 12:39 AM
Finally someone else who's heard of them! The Fish are sweet, because...1, 2, 3, What are we fighting for?

Carnivean
12-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Anyone know about the famous fish 'chant'? teehee.. parents just hated that lol

TheHeartbreaker
12-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Yes, I know about it. :D