Mockup song (drums) [gp4 midi]

PDA

View Full Version : Mockup song (drums) [gp4 midi]

Kirby651
12-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Here is a mock up of a song. It needs a B section and possibly a C but thats for another day...

The main part I want advice with is the drums. I dont play them and can't consult with a drummer at the moment. Do you think that the drum part is too simple? Or does it need work?

Any help would be nice...

matx33
12-13-2006, 05:36 PM
need cymbals. h-hats (closed) or ride or whatever you think sounds best.
and the vocals are weird. They feel off beat and just...weird. just to let you know.

Kirby651
12-13-2006, 05:45 PM
need cymbals. h-hats (closed) or ride or whatever you think sounds best.
and the vocals are weird. They feel off beat and just...weird. just to let you know.

Thanks, i'll try to mix it up with h-hats.

There are not any vocals, I changed it to a sax or something. Nothing set in stone...
I wanted to match the sound of the Dopefish theme from Commander Keen 4.

pa182
12-13-2006, 05:51 PM
personally i thought the drums fit the song. i wouldnt go too overboard with the drums as they seem fine. the only thing you could do with the drums on that is add a fill or two and add hi hats and cymbals.
i like the guitars and bass they fit fine especially the L guitar.
the only thing i think is wrong with that is the shanai instrument. that doesnt fit in at all. personally i think an oboe or an alto sax seems to fit better.

its a good idea and im sure you can expand and add new ideas to it and make a good song. id be interested to hear the finished idea. i give it 7/10 :)

could you crit my 2 songs please?