[PTB+MIDI] "Ride The Inferno"

PDA

View Full Version : [PTB+MIDI] "Ride The Inferno"

Mathamology
12-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes, cheesy title I know :p: it's mostly done apart from bass, I've not quite finished that yet. If you were wondering, I can't play the ending cleanly, but I'm not far off!

This is pretty much the most OTT song I've ever written... I'm basically just after some feedback, things that I might want to change, or get rid off etc

C4C, just post a link to your file and I'll return crit :)

Hallows_Eve
12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Didn't like bars 9 and 11, but other than that, the rest was really good/creative. The bass in the beginning was killer, too. Sounds kinda like power metal, but that could just be because of the title.

8/10

Here's a link to a bunch of riffs I wrote (trying to find out which is best so I can use it for a new song): Riffs (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483927)

ShadowintheSun
12-14-2006, 01:08 PM
This is a good use of your creativity. I agree with Hallows_Eve about bars 9 & 11 though. It does go rather well. Not too shabby.
7/10

Spark1284
12-14-2006, 07:09 PM
awesome work, i love the intro, the rhythms arent too fancy but this sounds more vocal based to me so thats not a real issue, the first riff after the intro was too much right off the scale and it sounds really dull. but aside from those pretty little things it sounds great

aprescott_27
12-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I liked that. That was pretty cool. The only thing I would change is the note that the bass is holding in measure 2, 4, and 6. It sounds a bit too dissonant with the guitar. I think it would be better if you just held the E instead of the Bb. That is a cool bass line, though. Other than that, not too bad. I liked measures 75-80 a lot. That was probably my favorite part. Nice work. 7/10.

If you like, you can crit the song in my sig.

rodrigomierh
12-15-2006, 02:02 AM
i liked it. it has catchy riffs but i'll have to agree about bars 9 &11. good job man

skaguitarist182
12-15-2006, 03:43 AM
I actually liked it a lot, at some parts, im gonna agree with the comments on bars 9 and 11, it needs a lil spicing up, i really liked bars 27 to 35, which i assume are the pre-chorus and chorus, it had a good flow, i loved the choir backing it too, gave it awesome overall feel, and i like the tempo change there, well done! but the part before the final "chorus" with tall the tremolo picking was kinda awkward, im gonna say...
7.5/10
c4c :D

edit: while im typing this that chorus part is stuck in my head, good job at making it catchy

MadMudgeN
12-16-2006, 09:11 AM
I liked this alot man, some pretty sweet riffs in there and a generally interesting piece that I could find myself listening to over and over again. The tremolo picking solo sounds kinda funny, but I bet some of that is just shitty MIDI sound. Good work dude, 9/10. please crit my latest : http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485226

flyingjew34
12-16-2006, 02:19 PM
That was good! The only thing I didn't like was the intro. Everything else was solid though man! Especially the chorus. Keep it up! :cheers:

Mind critting mine in my sig?

Oasis-fanatic
12-16-2006, 04:41 PM
overall i liked it but something gives me the feeling the intro was kinda mettalica and at 180 bpm it was based on a simple chord progression. but you mnust have been working hard on this and it looks well constructed and nice finish so 8/10

Nunwhxre 666
12-16-2006, 05:00 PM
That was really good. I just didn't like bars 1 - 12. Other than that good stuff.

Crit one of mine? Links in sig.

Mathamology
12-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Okay, thanks for the crit everyone, I've been away from UG for a while, so I've not been able to return any of it, but I'll get to it as soon as possible

:cheers: Have a good holiday