[GP5/MIDI] Alternative/Prog Rock Song

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5/MIDI] Alternative/Prog Rock Song

Sum41Freek
12-14-2006, 07:34 PM
This is another one of my songs that's actually finished. This is one of my more recent (and unpolished) songs, so I would like some critism/comments. So yeah..C4C and all that... so... yeah.

flyingjew34
12-14-2006, 09:57 PM
This actually a pretty catchy song man!

I find the intro lacks just a bit; the part with the repeat C's I think needs to be altered a bit. The verse was pretty cool with the bass line there. I think the chorus needs a different chord thrown in there, but it is good as well. The solo I loved: So simple, yet really great for this song.

Overall, if you make it slightly less repetitive, this would be 10/10. It gets 9 for now. Keep it up man! :cheers:

skaguitarist182
12-14-2006, 10:20 PM
It was decent, i think you should try to spice up the main riff, with a harmony or sumthin, it just was a lil repetitive.

ĦBlah!
12-15-2006, 08:57 AM
The song was pretty good but repetitive at times but the solo sounded Irish which is always nice (not to mention pretty original). Overall, I'd give it an 8/10

Sum41Freek
12-15-2006, 10:31 PM
flyingjew34: Thx for the crit. When you say "part with repeat C's", do you mean repeat G's? If not, what part has the repeat C's?

skaguitarist182: Yeah I wanted to spice it up but couldn't find a good place for one without messing up the flow of the song.

jBlah!: Yeah it's repetitive. I was hoping someone would have some advice on how to spice it up a bit. And GO IRISH PPLS! :headbang: lol

flyingjew34
12-15-2006, 10:34 PM
flyingjew34: Thx for the crit. When you say "part with repeat C's", do you mean repeat G's? If not, what part has the repeat C's?
Yea, that's what I meant. I, for some reason, thought they were on the A string...

Bodomizer
12-16-2006, 06:38 PM
this wasn't my style at all, but definitely not bad. i didn't care a whole lot for the intro, but it was alright. i like the little run with the bass but i thought it got really boring when you started repeating the same notes. when the guitars came in, it got a little better, but it seemed far too repetitive.. use more than 2 powerchords. the solo wasn't much of a solo, but it fit the song very good. and when tabbing out the harmony for the solo, put it on another track, 2 notes on the same track distort the sound.

NovemberRain273
02-04-2007, 11:10 AM
You've got some cool riffs in there, though the drums were kinda dull, and didnt suit the song.

The whole thing got somewhat boring after a while though, you dont really change what you're doing that much. You need some key changes maybe, or a change in progression. For instance for the chorus and solo, you just play the same notes as the rhythm guitar but an octave or two higher. Mix it up, add some fills, some more stuff like that.

Overall, not bad.

buckethead_jr
02-04-2007, 12:33 PM
i thought the drums did fit well with the song, but just not in the Verse.
The intro riff was great but when both guitars came in at about bar 10 they didn't really compliment each other, and i wouldn't know how to fix it.
The verse was...interesting. It felt a bit empty without guitar or an interesting bass line, and the drums were quite out of place.
The pre-chorus riff was good, and so was the drums, nothing wrong with that.
The Chorus worked surprisingly well as you only used two notes, but it sounded great.
The solo was excellent, very simple but fit into the song very well.
overall, good riffs but just a tad repetitive, try to mix it up, make variations of the riffs etc.

Crit mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512517

~Flounder~
04-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Simple song, seems like a few variations of the main progression tied together with bass/drum fills. Main riff wasn't too catchy but could be if it was more defined. Try changing rhythms up a bit and getting the hook to stick out more. Didn't care too much for the chorus. After that it all kind of sounded the same to me. Definitely seems like more of a simplistic, mainstream sounding song that would probably do well with good vocals. Not quite my style, though.

4/10.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1103530