Why are people so ignorant about Slash?

PDA

View Full Version : Why are people so ignorant about Slash?

PhillySlash
12-14-2006, 08:59 PM
It makes me sick to my stomach to hear people say that Slash isn't good cuz he doesn't have great technical ability. How many times do they need to be reminded that just cuz Slash doesn't play really fast...doesn't mean he sucks. Duh!

Other guitarists can outplay Slash, but CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT come up wth better solos than Slash. Slash is an f****** amazing soloist and I'd prefer his melodic sound over shredder-style solos at any given day.

Dr. Gonzo Slash
12-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Agree completly, but there is a GNR section.

`NeXxuS`
12-14-2006, 09:02 PM
It makes me sick to my stomach to hear people say that Slash isn't good cuz he doesn't have great technical ability. How many times do they need to be reminded that just cuz Slash doesn't play really fast...doesn't mean he sucks. Duh!

Other guitarists can outplay Slash, but CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT come up wth better solos than Slash. Slash is an f****** amazing soloist and I'd prefer his melodic sound over shredder-style solos at any given day.

huh?

what is a better solo? your just an angry fanboy.

iplayfenders66
12-14-2006, 09:02 PM
i dont think its ignorance, its a matter of opinion...people can have those you know...

hothead69999
12-14-2006, 09:03 PM
slash has fast solos too dude. jus look @ some of his snakepit stuff or of course paradise city. slash has awesome fast and slow solos.

PhillySlash
12-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah but everytime I see Slash being compared to a shredder...the shredder wins automatically cuz of playing ability. Like Buckethead...no offense, hes unbelievable...but what solos has he created that are better than Slash's? I rarely hear people say "oh hes better because he creates better music...playing fast doesn't mean much"

neox the cow
12-14-2006, 09:14 PM
One solo cannot be "better" than another. Eye of the beholder and all that jazz.

PhillySlash
12-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah its a matter of opinion I know.

neox the cow
12-14-2006, 09:23 PM
If you knew it was an opinion you wouldn't have said

"Other guitarists can outplay Slash, but CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT come up wth better solos than Slash. "

Some people are going to like more Vai'sy stuff, other like Slash's stuff. Neither is "better."

Prophet of Page
12-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah but everytime I see Slash being compared to a shredder...the shredder wins automatically cuz of playing ability. Like Buckethead...no offense, hes unbelievable...but what solos has he created that are better than Slash's? I rarely hear people say "oh hes better because he creates better music...playing fast doesn't mean much"

Granted I don't like Buckethead, but the man can be a melodic coont when he wants to be. Honestly, even if I don't like his music, I prefer it over Slash's. There's no accounting for taste.

garden of grey
12-14-2006, 09:43 PM
You know who my favorite guitarist is? The gnr only thread thats stickied!

*reported*

ramble-on-666
12-14-2006, 10:15 PM
yea, your ****ing right. slash is my hero man! dont go dissing him unless you can name some other band who has one of the greatest guitarists like him. and of course there are guitarists that out-do him, but come on... hes SLASH for christs sakes!

bonchie1
12-14-2006, 10:19 PM
You know who my favorite guitarist is? The gnr only thread thats stickied!

*reported*

Since when is Slash in Guns N Roses?

Oh yeah, he isn't. We can have 50,000 Steve Vai and Satch threads, why not a Slash thread.

TheUltimateSin
12-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Since when is Slash in Guns N Roses?

Oh yeah, he isn't. We can have 50,000 Steve Vai and Satch threads, why not a Slash thread.

Way to use gross overexaggeration to back yourself :rolleyes:

Are you stupid? I find the majority of Slash's solo's boring, personally. I'll take a Michael Schenker solo over Slash anyday. What's that? Did your logic just fail? Did I just say I think someone comes up with better solo's than Slash? Why, yes, I did. :)

Slash fan 93
12-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Dude that was the truest thing I've heard in my entire life. Slash can bust out some crazy solos, but in every song, even the ones that aren't famous, he puts tons of thought into every solo. Guys like Buckethead... Well first before I get a bad name for sayin sometin bad about Buckethead, I wanna say he is an abslutely unbelievable guitarist, definitely up there with some of the best, but Slash actually sits down, Les Paul in hand, and plays a few penatonic scales or some power chords every time he wants to write I solo. Not a matter of opinion, Slash is known for his use of various penatonic scales. Pure fact. Buckethead, again, being a great guitarist, might sit down and think about his solos, maybe a penatonic occasionally, but it's all speed for him. In a lot of Buckethead's solos, he plays so fast you can probsbly hear every third note he hits, IF you listen very closely. Psh he might screw up the solo 50 times but you'd never know it cause it goes so fast you'll never even notice a wrong note. That's all cool with me. It all boils down to this: Music either sounds good or bad. Some, like Stairway to Heaven, can be so good it goes down in history as one of the greatest songs ever written. Slash writes classic solos, no way around it. Sweet Child O' Mine has a very famous and distinct intro, and I would bet you the computer I'm typing on he used several penatonics when writing that song. You can't say much for Buckethead, except he's fast. Who cares? Music isn't a game of speed. That's Nascar. Like I said, it sounds good or bad. Buckethead will never write a "Sweet Child O' Mine" or a "Stairway to Heaven". If he sat down and tried to get faster every day, someone somewhere will be able to play faster. It's inevitable. Stairway to Heaven isn't about speed, and Jimmy Page got famous from that and other songs like it. He didn't try to play fast. He tried to sound good. Buckethead sounds great, but compared to a rocker like Slash, although Slash isn't always a shredder, Slash has better solos. I know this was way too long, but I've been frustrated about Slash being overlooked so often, and I thought I'd just unload it all. That's all I got to say.