[PTB, MIDI] Fighting the Good Fight -- C4C

PDA

View Full Version : [PTB, MIDI] Fighting the Good Fight -- C4C

MadMudgeN
12-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Personally, I think this is the best song I've ever written. Please listen to it all the way thru and I'll crit yours if you crit mine. Thanks. :cheers:

ctb
12-16-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm listening to it now as I type...and it's brilliant. I can't think of anything else to say other than that.

MadMudgeN
12-16-2006, 09:13 AM
well i hope that's not sarcasm, and thanks for listening :D

cool#9
12-16-2006, 12:14 PM
erm, best song you've ever written eh? i'm sorry to say i didn't think it was all that great, the rhythem just wasn't interesting, the lead guitar didn't really provide anything that made me say 'wow, this is great', maybe its just be but that wasn't a great song

g.a.r.r.y
12-16-2006, 03:35 PM
i really liked this song
especially the chorus, its great
good work

And2001PT
12-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Try to spice up the rhythym a bit.
Most of the leads were in straight quarter notes.
It has some wonderful ideas and some nice harmony lines, althogh some leads are very cheesy indeed.
You're writing skill is indeed good, but you need to work on your rhythym.
Maybe you're much better at it in real life but have trouble transcribing it, the same thing happens to me.
Or maybe you really need to stop playing those boring quarter note runs.

MadMudgeN
12-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Well, they're eighth notes, but still I hear what you're saying. And yea, it's definitely not the most complicated piece ever, I just really liked the way it sounded. But you think the leads need some spicing eh? ok, I'll look at it. Thanks for your comments everyone.

Spark1284
12-17-2006, 02:45 AM
i loved it honestly, the bass notes in the last two chords of the bridge seem to be a little to rough i think, id nix em but thats just preference. definately one of your best

rodrigomierh
12-17-2006, 03:54 AM
its really well made, ans its a cool relaxing song, good job

MadMudgeN
12-17-2006, 06:55 AM
sweet, thanks alot for you comments; Spark, you seem to always have good insights, so I'll look at that bridge... you should check out the other one I posted recently... it's probably page 4 or so by now, but just if you get a chance :) thanks for the comments guys.

'StoleN'
12-17-2006, 12:53 PM
I really liked it. Especially the leads and the solo. But the rhythm kinda bored me. You should spice it up like what other people have already stated. But honestly i really really liked it.

Crit mine ?

MadMudgeN
12-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Alright, I critted yours stolen. Thanks for the comments dude.

Burning_Angel
12-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I dont like the bend in the verse.... flawless otherwise.

I'ma post mine soon, so be ready. xD

MadMudgeN
12-17-2006, 10:28 PM
alright cool, just let me know, and thanks for listening.

Burning_Angel
12-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Alright, its up. On second thought... The bend kinda grew on me, but its still the weakness i saw in the song...

ĦBlah!
12-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Pretty mellow and nice. I liked it. Especially the arpeggios and chords.

aprescott_27
12-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Hey, man, sorry it took me so long to get back to you on that crit. I've been busy the past couple of days. It does sound a bit bland at the beginning. I did like the solo, and I think that at the last four bars of the phrases in the solo, I think you should keep strumming it instead of holding the chord out, because holding the chord out breaks the solo up, and strumming the chord some more would help link the phrases together. I did like sixteenth notes scattered throughout the riffs. Overall, not too bad. 6/10.

Thanks for the crit.

MadMudgeN
12-18-2006, 02:28 AM
hey man no worries about the time taken to crit it... only 6/10 though eh? haha jk that's cool though thanks for the input. I actually probably will do that suggestion with the chords cuz it'd probably flow better... I need to put in a bassline too soon, so I'mma prolly do that in the next few days since I'm home on break anyway. Thanks for listening.

saddam
12-18-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm sorry but this was nothing special. The rythms were pretty bland and the solo wasn't too great either... . srry man

grtz

GiantRaven
12-18-2006, 02:34 PM
The intro is alright, it's not bad as such

It would be good backing to some good vocals

Don't like the distortion bit at all...it killed the mood of the song for me

Crit for Crit? (Links in sig)

NovemberRain273
12-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Nice intro, pretty solid. The transition from clean to distortion needs to be worked on. I dont really like all the rests and stuff. The solos pretty cool, though like i said i dont realy like all the rests and stops.

Altogether, pretty solid song, just needs some tweaking up.

MadMudgeN
12-18-2006, 04:48 PM
fair enough. Thanks for the comments guys.