How to cure Jason Becker?

PDA

View Full Version : How to cure Jason Becker?

Cheesepuff
12-16-2006, 10:01 AM
One night I dreamed I was running. When I woke up I forgot I had a limp, so I walked totally normal until I remembered, "oh, yeah, I have a limp". Then I immediately stumbled. That showed me that if you have control over your mind, you can do anything.

That was from his site. Cool huh? That means that ALS could be controlled with the placebo effect! All we have to do is trick Jason into thinking he is cured! Thoughts? Opinions? (Man I'm bored......)

Neon Knight
12-16-2006, 10:09 AM
ALS cant be controled that way, remember Jason cannot move at all, pain can be ignored, paralysis cannot.

Rox0r713
12-16-2006, 10:21 AM
A wonderful thought, but unfortunately at his stage in ALS the damage to the motor control area of his brain is irreparable. He can't even speak. As a matter of fact, it's a miracle he's still alive.

You have no idea how much I wish that would work, though...

Actually, seeing as you came up with the idea, you probably do.

Neon Knight
12-16-2006, 10:50 AM
A wonderful thought, but unfortunately at his stage in ALS the damage to the motor control area of his brain is irreparable. He can't even speak. As a matter of fact, it's a miracle he's still alive.

You have no idea how much I wish that would work, though...

Actually, seeing as you came up with the idea, you probably do.

I belive he has regained control of 3 muscles within the last 4 years.

Resiliance
12-16-2006, 10:54 AM
You can't use muscles you don't have or have deteriorated too far already, unfortunately...

paddyo
12-16-2006, 11:33 AM
^Stem Cell research may change that in a few years(or decades knowing how long these things take) as far as I know..

Prophet of Page
12-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Nerve cells don't regenerate.

Ever.

He will be paralysed until the day he dies. I hate to be so blunt, but it's the truth.

Beckerism
12-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Nerve cells don't regenerate.

Ever.

He will be paralysed until the day he dies. I hate to be so blunt, but it's the truth.

Stem cells foo.

Resiliance
12-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Not if the religious ****wits keep meddling, anyway...

Prophet of Page
12-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Stem cells foo.

Not any time in his natural life.

Beckerism
12-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I'ma keep hoping. :p:

TheUltimateSin
12-16-2006, 01:36 PM
^Both Tom and Resi are right though. Jason most likely will have left this world by the time stem cell research is far enough along, and that's only if those religious ****twats don't get their way.

bucky_2300
12-16-2006, 05:03 PM
I would personally take Jason Becker's curing over a dead embryo or eighty five any day. Parkinson's, ALS, Multiple sclerosis, diabetes... yeah I'm pretty sure that I'd take those being curable (or even treatable) over dead embryos.

"Those embryos were going to be thrown out! How dare you bastards use them for medicine! It's a crime again life and God!"

</ranting>

I like Jason Becker. I hope stem cell research and development is allowed to go through so he and millions of others can get better.

crazylaughboy
12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah, i would love it if i could see Jason Becker preform, that would just be so amazing. Well we can hope at least, but threadstarter, nice thought.

TheUltimateSin
12-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah, i would love it if i could see Jason Becker preform.

Unfortunatly, that is an impossiblity :(

garden of grey
12-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Unfortunatly, that is an impossiblity :(

With conservatives in office...

It is pretty much proven that these blank cells could be turned into whatever, so death to whoever wants to stop it! Unconstitutional religious influence FTL.

TheUltimateSin
12-18-2006, 03:50 AM
With conservatives in office....

Doesn't matter. Even with stem cells, Jason would most likely never be able to play given the vast amount of time it would take for him to recover. Yes, he'd be able to live a relatively healthy life, but he would never be able to perform.

Mad Marius
12-18-2006, 06:41 AM
It's not fair. Dozens of MTV "artists" and bands are perfectly healthy and free to pollute my ears with their stupid obnoxious music, while Becker gets fucked by life for no particular reason.

BTW, is that movie about him ever going to come out?

Little Savage
12-18-2006, 06:50 AM
ALS is completely ****ed but at least we have the music that Jason made to still listen to.

Gotta have a positive slant on a completely ****ed situation.

xxdarrenxx
12-18-2006, 06:59 AM
To Mad Marius.

I think noone gets "****ed by life" for A Particular reason. I mean My neighbor could have gotten ALS and you won't know him/her so couldn't even care for. Of course it sucks that Jason has it, but i think that people who find it sad for him must equally be sad for everyone who has it.

I agree with the guy above me.

madpickin03
12-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Dr. House?
http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/12/dr%20house.jpg

Yespleasevicar
12-18-2006, 03:40 PM
God i wish he was better :(

Did anyone see the really patronising american news story about him?

"Some say his career has just got started.."

Bollocks it has.

Beckerism
12-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Either you or I need to watch it again. I don't remember it being patronizing.

Cheesepuff
12-19-2006, 02:53 AM
Okay.... but still there are lots of things that say that ALS can be controlled by your mind.... check this other quote from Jason's site in response to the 60 minutes episode about ALS

* They kept emphasizing that ALS is always fatal. Bullshit! I have a tape of a woman named Evy McDonald who had ALS and was preparing to die. She changed her attitude and now she is totally free of any symptoms. The amazing David Atkinson had ALS pretty severe and now he doesn't. You can read his story. Find out about his book in my Recommended Books section. Also, I have been living very productively ten years after being given the so-called death sentence. Think of how many "healthy living people" have died in the last ten years, while I have made two CD's, written a few articles, and somehow make the coolest people like to be around me.

David Atkinson recovered.. why can't Jason Becker?

xxdarrenxx
12-19-2006, 04:41 AM
how old is that quote. Becker doesn't have symptoms, his muscles are deteriotated.

Mad Marius
12-19-2006, 06:21 PM
To Mad Marius.

I think noone gets "****ed by life" for A Particular reason. I mean My neighbor could have gotten ALS and you won't know him/her so couldn't even care for. Of course it sucks that Jason has it, but i think that people who find it sad for him must equally be sad for everyone who has it.

I agree with the guy above me.

Well the idea was that, for instance, some people who smoke a lot get "fucked by life" with cancer for a reason. As opposed to Becker who was just unfortunate.

garden of grey
12-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Doesn't matter. Even with stem cells, Jason would most likely never be able to play given the vast amount of time it would take for him to recover. Yes, he'd be able to live a relatively healthy life, but he would never be able to perform.

Oh well im for the research on top of the whole Becker thing.

Me personally, i would want him to live a healthy and happy life instead of perform if there was the choice of the two.

The Casualty
12-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Makes me cry every time I think about it. :sad:

Night_Lights
12-20-2006, 12:19 AM
i get really sad when i see this picture

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/AnimalAngel/JasonandmartyRS300.jpg

Rox0r713
12-20-2006, 08:59 AM
i get really sad when i see this picture

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/AnimalAngel/JasonandmartyRS300.jpg

:sad: :cry:

Damn it...

Beckerism
12-20-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm pretty sure they were able to play a good section of Concerto in that form.

Hidde
12-21-2006, 12:22 AM
If there's a cure for ALS he should get the firsst dose.

Csquared1001
12-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Not if the religious ****wits keep meddling, anyway...

you know where those come from right(stem cells)

get-born
12-21-2006, 01:00 AM
But at least he has movement in his hands, so he can communicate through his own personal sign language type ordeal.

Godly Moose
12-21-2006, 01:44 AM
But at least he has movement in his hands, so he can communicate through his own personal sign language type ordeal.

No he doesn't(Can't move his hands). He uses his eyes to communicate. He has a pre-set alphabet system that he remembers mentally that he just points his eyes at(Where they would be) to spell words.

There's two different categories of stem cells, embryonic stem cells and adult stem cells. And adult stem cells don't come from an embryo. Never the less I don't know why you shouldn't be able to use an aborted child.

Night_Lights
12-21-2006, 06:31 AM
I'm pretty sure they were able to play a good section of Concerto in that form.

one of the most brilliant rock guitar pieces in history, that is.

Evil_Magician
12-21-2006, 06:40 AM
I realy wish that he could play :(

Any video where hes having a good time with Marty and is smilling all the time makes me wanna crie.

I hate those religious buttmunches.

Resiliance
12-21-2006, 06:46 AM

Umm... What?

get-born
12-21-2006, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=Godly Moose]No he doesn't(Can't move his hands). He uses his eyes to communicate. He has a pre-set alphabet system that he remembers mentally that he just points his eyes at(Where they would be) to spell words.

QUOTE]

Ooops, Yeah, I forgot it was with his eyes, I saw a short little documentary type thing on GoogleVideo and saw his "eye-sign language", but he does have minimal movement in his fingers.

rayIII
12-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Ugh... how can you either

a) get pregnant even though you can't afford a child
b) get pregnant even though you just don't want a child
c) get pregnant even though you're too irresponsible for a child

then complain when someone dares to use the fetus (which you didn't want, and thus, killed, thx) to benefit humanity?!

of course I think it should be their choice what happens to it when the baby was aborted because of something out of their power..

Csquared1001
12-21-2006, 01:55 PM
Umm... What?
human embryos

a.k.a. Babies

that's why the religion freaks are against it

Resiliance
12-21-2006, 03:51 PM
human embryos

a.k.a. Babies

Well, firstly, embryos are not babies, secondly, I know that, what was your point?

TheUltimateSin
12-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Oh well im for the research on top of the whole Becker thing.

Me personally, i would want him to live a healthy and happy life instead of perform if there was the choice of the two.

My point was though, Jason will most likely have passed on long before they would be able to perform the procedure(after beating out the religious twats fighting the research), and that even if he did survive long enough for the development to reach that pinnacle, the road to recovery is long and difficult, setting aside the fact that some if not most of the damage is not repairable anyway; he would most likely not survive long enough either way. But we should be thankful for all Jason has accomplished already, and that he still maintains the will to compose great music anyway, even if he can't perform it himself.

NevermorePsalm
12-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Can't wait till Bush is outta office in the U.S....

hepzibahbaptist
12-23-2006, 12:56 AM
human embryos

a.k.a. Babies

There was no reason you had to make that statement. How about stuck up religious hypocrits.
And I'm strongly against abortion. Cause court can charge someone for 2 accounts of murder if that person kills a pregnant women. But they think its fine if a doctor goes and kills the baby.
But anyway, if they are going to allow abortioni they need to allow stem cell research.

insideac
12-26-2006, 01:43 AM
I belive he has regained control of 3 muscles within the last 4 years.

that is so depressing to read :(. Here we are using all our muscles, people getting obese and not taking care of their bodies, and people like Jason Becker suffering but still enjoying life to the fullest. I really wish Stem Cell research could have its limits and ethic policies removed, it would do much more good than harm, seriously. And also. Saying that using human embryos is unethical and murder, is like saying the same thing for people that masterbate. I mean cmon. If you think an undeveloped little thing that will become a baby is a human life, then you probably should also think that sperm is human life. Therefore, everytime a guy masterbates, he becomes a serial killer. Its not like they are using aborted or non aborted fetuses or something.

Resiliance
12-26-2006, 07:38 AM
that is so depressing to read :(. Here we are using all our muscles, people getting obese and not taking care of their bodies, and people like Jason Becker suffering but still enjoying life to the fullest. I really wish Stem Cell research could have its limits and ethic policies removed, it would do much more good than harm, seriously. And also. Saying that using human embryos is unethical and murder, is like saying the same thing for people that masterbate. I mean cmon. If you think an undeveloped little thing that will become a baby is a human life, then you probably should also think that sperm is human life. Therefore, everytime a guy masterbates, he becomes a serial killer. Its not like they are using aborted or non aborted fetuses or something.

Well yeah, religious ****wits will be religious ****wits, eh?

hepzibahbaptist
12-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I swear all religious people arent hypocrits.

insideac
12-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Well yeah, religious ****wits will be religious ****wits, eh?

Indeed. Not trying to sound mean or anything but I think we are far too civilized to use/need religion as a crutch now >_>.

Resiliance
12-26-2006, 03:56 PM
Indeed. Not trying to sound mean or anything but I think we are far too civilized to use/need religion as a crutch now >_>.

Nothing mean about it :)

Dr. Gonzo Slash
12-30-2006, 03:13 PM
JASON BECKER HAS ALS!?!?!??! I never knew that!!! Oh man, this is a sad day now. Im not sad for him as a guitarist as much as I am sad for him as a person. He truly got ****ed by life. While right wing religious assholes are getting fat and drinking cocktails, Jasons life is practically gone. Its so sad to think that all of his years of practice lead to this. This is seriously making me want to take everything slowly, I mean, 10 years ago would you have expected this?

insideac
12-30-2006, 03:15 PM
JASON BECKER HAS ALS!?!?!??! I never knew that!!! Oh man, this is a sad day now. Im not sad for him as a guitarist as much as I am sad for him as a person. He truly got ****ed by life. While right wing religious assholes are getting fat and drinking cocktails, Jasons life is practically gone. Its so sad to think that all of his years of practice lead to this. This is seriously making me want to take everything slowly, I mean, 10 years ago would you have expected this?

Are. Are you ****ing kidding me? :eek:

Wexford
12-31-2006, 03:07 PM
Shh... I think he's just a new fan.
Can't wait till Bush is outta office in the U.S...Just pray that Hilary wont gain office or we're all ****ed.

*insert anti-religious rant here*

pavan
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
America is not the entire world. Dont forget that there is active research going on in this field in many countries, notably China and Brazil.

Antz2401
12-31-2006, 04:56 PM
I hope the stem cell treatment does happen, even if he cant perform the man deserves to actually live his life the way he wanted.

Americanhoser
01-01-2007, 08:37 PM
My point was though, Jason will most likely have passed on long before they would be able to perform the procedure(after beating out the religious twats fighting the research), and that even if he did survive long enough for the development to reach that pinnacle, the road to recovery is long and difficult, setting aside the fact that some if not most of the damage is not repairable anyway; he would most likely not survive long enough either way. But we should be thankful for all Jason has accomplished already, and that he still maintains the will to compose great music anyway, even if he can't perform it himself.

Which is why he will be frozen until the year 2057, where he can be brought back to decide the fate of the world, and shred against alien invading axe slingers...

Resiliance
01-01-2007, 08:39 PM
America is not the entire world. Dont forget that there is active research going on in this field in many countries, notably China and Brazil.

Ofcourse, but the more, the better!

Mad Marius
01-02-2007, 06:15 AM

Jason's life will be "practically gone" when he dies. Everyone gets fucked by life to a lesser or greater extent, but to say that his life is "practically gone" for him and that he has nothing to look forward to other than his death is a really narrow minded view, and is insulting not only to Jason, but to everyone affected by paralysis.

crazylaughboy
01-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Man, I love his music and attitude so much, hes such a big inspiration to me. I mean, at school I'll see people who will break an arm and give up their sport or and instrument forever, while Jason Becker is unable to play at all, but yet he is so positive about life, and still makes and does what he loves. I recently got the GuitarWorld with him in it, and he also answered my question. Its a great feeling to see a person like him.

Beckerism
01-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Man, I love his music and attitude so much, hes such a big inspiration to me. I mean, at school I'll see people who will break an arm and give up their sport or and instrument forever, while Jason Becker is unable to play at all, but yet he is so positive about life, and still makes and does what he loves. I recently got the GuitarWorld with him in it, and he also answered my question. Its a great feeling to see a person like him.

I think I remember him mentioning that on his website. What issue/month is it?

The Virtuoso
01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
The newest one with Zack Wylde on the cover...I need to get that issue:(

Edits: opps :o , my bad, I stand corrected!

crazylaughboy
01-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Nah, its the new one with Van Halen on the front. Its the March issue.

Night_Lights
01-10-2007, 10:02 PM
yeah its like 4 pages i heard, Jasons hilarious.

You've clearly outlived your life expectancy for an ALS patient. How do you explain this? When a cure for ALS is found, what is the first thing you would do?
- Bruce Deets

[Not writing the first paragraph, too long]
The first thing I would do if I am cured would be to hug everyone in sight. I would probably play some kind of practical joke on people, and I would party, man. Then I would have sex with some woman, with me on top for a change. Then I would jam and sing a bunch of Dylan songs with everyone around, maybe starting with "I Shall Be Released."

crazylaughboy
01-10-2007, 11:15 PM
He is really funny too, hes like " I'd give my left nut, but not my right, 10 inches of my penis, but only ten..." Hes such a big inspiration to me, his attitude alone is amazing.

huk
01-11-2007, 12:36 AM
The newest one with Zack Wylde on the cover...I need to get that issue:(

Edits: opps :o , my bad, I stand corrected!

Zakk Wylde is on every cover.

crazylaughboy
01-13-2007, 02:57 PM

That is so true.

sock_demon
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
yeah its like 4 pages i heard, Jasons hilarious.

You've clearly outlived your life expectancy for an ALS patient. How do you explain this? When a cure for ALS is found, what is the first thing you would do?
- Bruce Deets

[Not writing the first paragraph, too long]
The first thing I would do if I am cured would be to hug everyone in sight. I would probably play some kind of practical joke on people, and I would party, man. Then I would have sex with some woman, with me on top for a change. Then I would jam and sing a bunch of Dylan songs with everyone around, maybe starting with "I Shall Be Released."

:haha :haha :haha :haha omg he can't even speak and he's still hilarious

RandyVanHendrix
01-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah I was so sad when I got that issue of Guitar-World. I knew he had some kind of muscle disease but I didn't know it was THAT serious. I thought his disease left him about as crippled as Mick Mars is, not towhere he couldn't walk, play guitar, or even talk. He was so positive in that issue and still pretty funny. I felt so bad for him, but the funny part is I probly feel worse for him than he does for himself. I really can't wait untill we get these conservative retards out of office, so we can study stem-cell research and mabey Jason Becker along with the millions of others out there with degenerative muscle diseases can get cured.

WE LOVE YOU JASON BECKER!!!!

Godly Moose
01-16-2007, 10:53 PM

I lol'd.

Outside Octaves
01-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Ok, being new to the world of music in general, and REALLY knew to shred as stated in other threads, anyone able to bring up a decent quality recording of this guy? 'Cause right now it's like, Becker who? I don't think I've even heard the name before coming to this forum... only Jeff Beck (never heard) and the other "Beck" (heard him... and am still ??wtf?? to this day!). Thanks in advance for anyone willing to aid me in my musical explorations :) . (goes to youtube... probably won't find a decent quality recording I bet, lol... noone knows how to compress videos right on there I sware!)

TheUltimateSin
01-17-2007, 02:39 PM
^I'd suggest you pick up Perpetual Burn ;)

Outside Octaves
01-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I'll see, problem is mom's buying, lol.. probably only getting that satch album (from an other thread). If I can get the satch album and it's corresponding tab book, and perpetual burn..

TheUltimateSin
01-17-2007, 11:11 PM
In any case, when the opportunity presents itself, I'd highly reccommend it. :)

Yespleasevicar
01-18-2007, 09:38 AM
Youtube "serrana clinic", in about 48secs it sums up all you need to know about him :)

Beckerism
01-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Egh.. I wouldn't say so. :p:

C.C. Deville
01-19-2007, 07:06 PM
j/w but stephen hawking has ALS and hes like 60 something so do you think that jason would be able to live another 30 or so years? hes like 36 now or something right? and even if thier was a cure for it i dont think it would be possible for him to gain back his talent... ALS needs to die =(

TheUltimateSin
01-19-2007, 07:19 PM
j/w but stephen hawking has ALS and hes like 60 something so do you think that jason would be able to live another 30 or so years? hes like 36 now or something right?

Jason has already lived well past his life expectancy after being diagnosed, and he seems to be doing just fine, so I wouldn't doubt that he could live that long :)

C.C. Deville
01-19-2007, 07:24 PM
ok so stephen hawking has been as lucky as jason right? lol

sock_demon
01-20-2007, 11:13 PM
^ Stephen Hawking could probably rewrite the laws of ALS if he wanted to :p:

Kai-7
01-21-2007, 06:30 PM
I was going through a few articles last year, around this time - a bit of research for my therapy cycle, and I came across one interesting piece of info - There's this chinese doctor, in China (duh) who has developed a way of using stem cells from the nasal cavities of embryos to *PARTIALLY* treat ALS - although his methods were quite unorthodox , he apparently *cured* a German professor who was a big sceptic. The ex and me, we mailed Jason's mom , sent her the article. We've been waiting for a reply ever since. Although I *know* ( ignorance IS bliss.. at times) Jason has no hope left, I pray , and hope that he regains use of his upper body at least. We all know what it is to be sick not able to play your guitar.. *sigh* Poor Jason. That pic makes me wanna cry. *sigh* God bless Jason.

C.C. Deville
01-24-2007, 08:47 PM
^ Stephen Hawking could probably rewrite the laws of ALS if he wanted to :p:
haha ya not to long ago didnt he like make some big discovery in physics and also said that we will need to colonize the moon? that guys is insane... but a genious