New Prog. Metal Song [PTB] C4C

PDA

View Full Version : New Prog. Metal Song [PTB] C4C

Hallows_Eve
12-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Decided on writting almost only prog. songs from now on (it's hard to be creative anymore with thrash songs).

Here's my new one, about 1 minute is finished so far. Feedback?

Leave a link if you want me to return crit.

Earang
12-17-2006, 01:17 PM
loved the intro, then it gotten chaotic!

Metaphysics
12-17-2006, 04:47 PM
I liked it. snappy intro, good overall.
7/10 (cuz it's so short)

ShadowintheSun
12-17-2006, 05:26 PM
intro was great, not too sure about the next bit though. I liked it but there were a few notes out of place. Nice, though.
7.5/10

Burning_Angel
12-17-2006, 06:05 PM
:eek:

woah.

I kinda didnt like how prominent the bass was, but otherwise, awesome.

Hallows_Eve
12-17-2006, 06:53 PM
:eek:

woah.

Err.. Do you mean that as in good or bad..? :confused:

I kinda didnt like how prominent the bass was, but otherwise, awesome.

Yeah, trying to fix the bassline =S But how does that riff

And the reason some notes might sound wrong is because i switched from Diatonic Phrygian to it's harmonic minor parallel scale.

Spent a while on the intro, tho. Dunno if I should keep the heavier riff that comes after it..?

MadMudgeN
12-17-2006, 07:33 PM
First off, finish it :) It's pretty good, and anti- Burning Angel's comments, I really like how prominent the bass is in that second part. This sounds like something the Mars Volta would do... almost :D Good work. 8/10 so far. Crit Mine Please : http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485226

Burning_Angel
12-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Err.. Do you mean that as in good or bad..? :confused:

Yeah, trying to fix the bassline =S But how does that riff

And the reason some notes might sound wrong is because i switched from Diatonic Phrygian to it's harmonic minor parallel scale.

Spent a while on the intro, tho. Dunno if I should keep the heavier riff that comes after it..?

lol, its good. Quite good.

I dunno, I thought it all sounded pretty good.... i think you could go just about anywhere with it from here, if you do it right. xD

Mind critting mine? (Second link in sig)

Spark1284
12-18-2006, 12:20 AM
this is really awesome, killer intro and i lovee the heavy part. but the rhythm is a little awkward, i think it would be coole with a straight swing feel. solid 8th notes would kill it it really does need to sound different but i think this is just a little off. excellent work- finish it!

saddam
12-18-2006, 07:20 AM
I loved the heavier part, but i didn't care too much for the intro. Keep working on it, i'd love to see the finished version!

grtz