Satriani LIVE!

PDA

View Full Version : Satriani LIVE!

johnny_tapia
12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I went onto Joe Satriani's website just there and I was stunned to see that he had a new live dvd and cd out! These were apparantely released back in May! Why was I not informed?! :peace:
(also, any thoughts on it if anyone has it?) :)

Douglas_Kouslak
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Yea I went to buy live in San Francisco and I saw that there was a new dvd of satriani half the price so I decided to buy. It is a pretty good dvd, nice setlist and sound quality. Some people complain about the camera view sometime, but I think they are ok.

cheers

bbqBBking
12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Its pretty gear, although the setlist is a little predictable. It has alot of behind the scenes footage if you are into that kind of thing. If you have Live In San Francisco you might want to skip it as the setlist isnt all that different.

Satch_Boogie
12-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Its terrible. Just the same songs hes always done. Still no live version of Searching, no Memories, nothing from his early stuff. I was annoyed >_>

Although the ten minute version of ALways With Me is pretty cool.

Lots of stuff from his new album Super Colossal though, so its pretty cool

slash_620
12-25-2006, 05:45 PM
I just got it for christmas, AWMAWY was class but i was annoyed they didn't play some of the stuff of flying in a blue dream an crystal planet, i thought playing a cool new way live was a bit of a waste of a song.

bucky_2300
12-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Its terrible. Just the same songs hes always done. Still no live version of Searching, no Memories, nothing from his early stuff. I was annoyed >_>

Although the ten minute version of ALways With Me is pretty cool.

Lots of stuff from his new album Super Colossal though, so its pretty cool

G3 2005 DVD has a live version of Searching. Very good version too.

Satch_Boogie
12-26-2006, 04:43 PM
G3 2005 DVD has a live version of Searching. Very good version too.Yeh I love that, which I why I want another one :D

VaiSatchLaiho
12-28-2006, 02:15 PM
I just bought it recently, and I thought it excellently done. I wasn't very familiar with his the material off Super Colossal, so that was a nice surprise. There is also a short movie done about his touring in India. Honestly, it is the same thing as the American tours, except with Indian kids worshipping him instead of American kids. I especially liked Flying in a Blue Dream, Super Colossal, Always with Me, and Crowd Chant.

srv_king
12-30-2006, 11:09 PM
I just bought it yesterday. It seems like a great dvd to me, satriani plays well ( when hasnt he). My favorite 3 were flying in a blue dream, satch boogie, and always with me.

bucky_2300
12-31-2006, 02:06 AM
What I really want to do is be a part of Crowd Chant at a concert of his... I love the song so much on CD, I crank it to max like every day. :D

wasp2020
12-31-2006, 02:39 PM
I really liked it. Some of the post-song solos went on for a bit long, but some of the actual outro solos were amazing (Always With You? One Robot's Dream? Amazing!). The setlist is a bit annoying, but it's still pretty neat. I loved Ice 9, One Robot's Dream, Just Like Lightnin, Cool New Way, Always, Meaning of Love...the new bass player is awesome.

And I love those podcasts. #4 is ****ing hilarious.

pavan
12-31-2006, 02:48 PM
I just bought it recently, and I thought it excellently done. I wasn't very familiar with his the material off Super Colossal, so that was a nice surprise. There is also a short movie done about his touring in India. Honestly, it is the same thing as the American tours, except with Indian kids worshipping him instead of American kids. I especially liked Flying in a Blue Dream, Super Colossal, Always with Me, and Crowd Chant.

Am I on it? :eek:

bucky_2300
12-31-2006, 03:37 PM
I really liked it. Some of the post-song solos went on for a bit long, but some of the actual outro solos were amazing (Always With You? One Robot's Dream? Amazing!). The setlist is a bit annoying, but it's still pretty neat. I loved Ice 9, One Robot's Dream, Just Like Lightnin, Cool New Way, Always, Meaning of Love...the new bass player is awesome.

And I love those podcasts. #4 is ****ing hilarious.

They played One Robot's Dream? Wow, I wouldnt've thought they'd play it live. It's such an electronica song for so much of it. Hm.

Yeah, Satch has a tendency to get a bit long-winded with the end-of-song cadenzas... even on the G3 DVD's I want to tell him to shut up. Especially on War... it was like a full minute of harmonics + whammy bar silliness.

wasp2020
12-31-2006, 05:21 PM
They played One Robot's Dream? Wow, I wouldnt've thought they'd play it live. It's such an electronica song for so much of it. Hm.

Yeah, Satch has a tendency to get a bit long-winded with the end-of-song cadenzas... even on the G3 DVD's I want to tell him to shut up. Especially on War... it was like a full minute of harmonics + whammy bar silliness.

Yeah, I know, when I read the setlist I was shocked. One Robot's Dream? Out of all teh songs you could choose, THAT one?

But the solo he does for it is fantastic. You can watch the full song here: http://www.satriani.com/2004/discography/Satriani_Live/promo/

And yeah, the cadenza's is what I meant, I really don't like them. He does some cool things with Circles (it segues into the Enigmatic riff!) and of course the outro solo to Always, and a lot of other points...

DarthV
01-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Just caught the tail end of his HDNet concert...filmed in HD back in May. Hope they show it again, it'll be a sure thing to PVR!

bucky_2300
01-01-2007, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I know, when I read the setlist I was shocked. One Robot's Dream? Out of all teh songs you could choose, THAT one?

But the solo he does for it is fantastic. You can watch the full song here: http://www.satriani.com/2004/discography/Satriani_Live/promo/

And yeah, the cadenza's is what I meant, I really don't like them. He does some cool things with Circles (it segues into the Enigmatic riff!) and of course the outro solo to Always, and a lot of other points...

Is that Dave LaRue I see on bass? Last time I saw him was when he was with John Petrucci on G3!