ARX300? Sounds too good to be true.

PDA

View Full Version : ARX300? Sounds too good to be true.

yatta
12-20-2006, 11:13 PM
The ibanez ARX300 model. I'm looking at it's specs and price. It basically looks sexy as hell, is like 400 bucks and apparently pulls off a les paul tone? Am I dreaming? What's the catch? Anyone tried this guitar before? Advantages/disadvantages?

yatta
12-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Nobody?

Atomic_gerbil
12-20-2006, 11:50 PM
What the hell is a "Les Paul Tone?" Your tone comes from the amp, the pickups, and the wood used on the body.

I wouldn't be worried if it sounds like a Les Paul, i would be worried about better, more useful aspects of the guitar.

yatta
12-20-2006, 11:54 PM
What the hell is a "Les Paul Tone?" Your tone comes from the amp, the pickups, and the wood used on the body.

I wouldn't be worried if it sounds like a Les Paul, i would be worried about better, more useful aspects of the guitar.

Wow i used crappy wording. I'm slightly doped up on my meds from getting my wisdom teeth removed hahah sorry. Spec wise it seems to rival the les paul and by reviews it's been declared "LP-esque" so it seems. I've been all about tone lately so i probably spit that out by accident :P

Atomic_gerbil
12-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Wow i used crappy wording. I'm slightly doped up on my meds from getting my wisdom teeth removed hahah sorry. Spec wise it seems to rival the les paul and by reviews it's been declared "LP-esque" so it seems. I've been all about tone lately so i probably spit that out by accident :P

Ah, i see. Well, i have no experience with ibanez guitars like that, but i can make a suggestion, have you ever heard of Agile guitars?

I have never ordered from these guys but i know alot of people who have. Take a look.

http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar-ss6.html

yatta
12-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Ah, i see. Well, i have no experience with ibanez guitars like that, but i can make a suggestion, have you ever heard of Agile guitars?

I have never ordered from these guys but i know alot of people who have. Take a look.

http://www.rondomusic.net/electricguitar-ss6.html

I'll look into them. Thanks dude

yatta
12-21-2006, 12:22 AM
So after reading this article, my question is this? What are some examples of high quality solid state amps other than a Roland jazz chorus? Thats the only really "nice amp" solid state I can think of off the top of my head.
huh?