Zappa Plays Zappa

PDA

View Full Version : Zappa Plays Zappa

Righteous
12-22-2006, 06:30 PM
So has anyone seen a show from this tour yet? I get to see them tonight, I really want to see Steve play! Does he play very much though? Or is it mostly all strict Zappa songs? I'm excited either way :liplick:

real_québécois
12-22-2006, 06:37 PM
The show is 3 hours long but in Montréal Steve arrived after 2 hours. They only played Zappa stuff but omg it was so good. Dweezil is so amazing just like his father.

Righteous
12-23-2006, 04:54 AM
WOW! Just got back and that was AMAZING! Dweezil really surprised me, and it was great overall. I finally got to see my hero in life Steve Vai... you have no idea how happy I was! Also, this was the show they were filming the DVD at, so who knows, you may see me there if you buy the DVD!
Peaceout and long live Seattle, Steve Vai, Dweezil Zappa, and the Zappa legacy.

flamencogod
12-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah, I say it too and it kicked as (first show of the tour in amsterdam). Steve only played after the break but he was freakin' awsome! Terry Bozzio joined them too. Dweezil + Steve + Terry is ownage!

Nite27
12-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I saw ZPZ when they came to Vancouver on the 20th, and it was the most musically/technically impressive concert i've seen in my life.

Setlist included (for those wondering what they 'usually' play)

Andy
Call any Vegetable
Tell me you Love me
Who are the Brain Police?
Florentine Pogen
Pygmy Twylyte
Idiot Bastard Son
Cheepnis
I am the Slime
Pound for a Brown
Don't Eat the Yellow Snow
St. Alphonso's Pancake Breakfast
Father O'Blivion
Drum/Percussion solo
Inca Roads
*Terry Bozzio comes out
I'm so Cute
Tryin' to Grow a Chin
Punkys' Whips
Black Page #1
*Steve Vai Comes out
Black Page#2
*Terry Bozzio Leaves
Re-gyptian Strut
Peaches en Regalia
Montana
Village of the Sun
Echindnas Arf (of You)
Zomby Woof
*Steve Vai Leaves*
Black Napkins
Encore:
*Steve AND Terry come out
Oh No
Son of Orange County
More Trouble Every day

srv_king
12-23-2006, 08:28 PM
It has in vancouver but i didnt hear about it!! my guitar teacher went though and said it was great.