Waiting [GP5 + MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Waiting [GP5 + MIDI]

Fatt Sorum
12-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Just in time for xmas - a new song!

As always, c4c, I've started writing heavier again, so don't expect the normal stuff.

Stobbeez
12-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Like the way it sounds overall and the guitar runs are very cool, but I think the drums need to be turned down or don't use the cymbal so frequently, it sounds cluttered.

Everything but the drums is great, I like it.

7/10

Fatt Sorum
12-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Meh, it's just the drums on GP5, it sounds fine in real life

§tratocaster
12-24-2006, 12:26 AM
my sound card (generic brands FTL) decided to stop working today.

from what i can tell, the solo looks very well thought out, and complicated :D
the verse looks fun too.

lol...i'll give it a proper crit once i get sound coming out of my speakers.

RedDeath9
12-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Holy crap that intro sounds cool... The chorus is pretty good, but I didn't really like the preverse and verse. Didn't really like the string ensemble in that part. I loved the solo, but the song gets kind of repetative.

7.75/10.

f12button
12-26-2006, 06:04 AM
I love the intro.

Chorus is alright, but it seems like you need to turn the keyboard up more, give it more of a lead? It kind of sounds like the rhythym's overshadowing.

The solo's pretty crazy.

Overall? I think it's really good. Nice work. :)

tabs aint cats
12-29-2006, 09:12 AM
hmm.. It's good stuff! the chorus is simple and thats what makes it so great, the verse is ok (it just didn't click with me) and the solo is great. Make some variation in the rythem part for your next song! Perhaps change the song structure for your next song, having a chorus, a long vers, a chorus, another long verse and another chorus can feel a little repetitive.
overall good!

Check out my latest song (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492909)

chris_122
12-29-2006, 05:32 PM
IMO I didn't really like the intro guitar riff, it kinda annoys me and is very predictable. Although the song does get repetitive, it has its finer points. Like the solo, which was very well done, pretty much blew me away. I also liked the keyboards during the chorus, I just have a favor in them. Good job.

§tratocaster
01-01-2007, 04:44 PM
sorry it took so long to get back to this.

yeah the solo was pretty awesome, and i liked the last few measures of the song... great way to end it.

i do agree that the lead guitar does get repetitive during the song, because it is quite a long song.

but overall, great job.

Liam Efting
01-01-2007, 04:59 PM
First off, this is not a long song. lol.

Second off, I like it a lot, good work man, that intro riff, VERY Symphony X, which is cool, I dig it, your solo had a few notes that were out of scale with the rhythm guitar though bro, might wanna go back and check that out. In particular I see that you were playing in D for a few bars, over an E pattern, it just does not sound good there, just being honest.

Keep it up bro.

Evil_Magician
01-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Wow dude, great job :D
Definatly something i would listen to :)

The structure is very nice and everything is preety much perfect but i hate the way de-tuned guitars sound in GP and i think you should take down the volume of the rythm guitar.
The solo sounded quite weird as Liam Efting said.

Crit on my plz.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489941