[GP5/Midi] Metal? Dunno really, RATM(ish) I guess.

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5/Midi] Metal? Dunno really, RATM(ish) I guess.

Fama
12-24-2006, 04:44 PM
A song I made, it's not very guitar specific I guess, but this is the first place I've seen where you can post songs to get critics, so here goes :)

Note: I'm probably better at doing songs with GP compared to actually playing them on guitar. I can play very little guitar, and can't play anything else, nor do I know any music theory... Man do I own ;)

Oh, and the name means pretty much "(I'm) Raging Against My Machine heavydrums" in Finnish.

russiaininvader
12-24-2006, 04:48 PM
the bass needs some work as it doesnt really fit at all with everything else thats going on

Fama
12-24-2006, 05:24 PM
the bass needs some work as it doesnt really fit at all with everything else thats going on

Well, originally it was basically the bass in the chorus. The rest of it is just slapped on, really :)

Fallenblood
12-25-2006, 03:29 AM
I liked the "Osa"s. What are those? Verses? The other stuff is way too slow IMHO.

Fama
12-25-2006, 07:04 AM
Literally they're "Part"'s. So yes, verses. It's meant to have singing in it, naturally, so that should help it somewhat.

"Kertosäe" is chorus.
"Välivaihe" is, err, the part beetween or sth.
"Urkusoolo" is organ solo (rather sucky).

The rest should be self-explanatory.

Edit: Also, originally the drums were much simpler, none of those triplet things etc. That's the "hevirummut" in the name, this is the heavydrum-version. But I think I didn't finish it all the way in the end.

In case you were wondering.

tabs aint cats
12-28-2006, 06:04 PM
YAY FINLAND FTW!!
the chorus is pretty good the verse is ok but to make your solos better you need how to learn to use scales
go learn some music theory, learn how to use scales, write another song then PM me :)

Fama
12-29-2006, 06:17 AM
Heh, well, I'm planning to learn music theory. I think I already know how to use scales, although that consists of selecting a scale in GP and choosing notes that only fit inside the scale.