New unfinished alternative/funky rock [PTAB]

PDA

View Full Version : New unfinished alternative/funky rock [PTAB]

altosaxgeek5
12-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Yet again, the roots of another song are growing in my mind and in powertab. Check it out and tell me what you think. Not finished yet, but I'm looking forward to finishing it.

EDIT: Added some more and fixed the string changes.
EDIT2: Scroll down to last post for new update.

cool#9
12-25-2006, 10:28 PM
sounds christmasy, i wonder why
sounds good to me, do continue

f12button
12-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Some notes sound off in places...or it may be PT...or just me. Lol.

Otherwise, not too bad. One question though -- why the string changes in the 2nd and on measures? If you're looking for playability, it might be easier if you go back to what you had in the first and second measures.

Continue, sounds like a pretty good start. :)

altosaxgeek5
12-26-2006, 11:21 AM
^ Those string changes are because I was contemplating putting the major third and perfect fifth harmonies on the first guitar staff, but didn't and didn't go back and change it, but I'll go back and fix them, now that you mention it.

EDIT: Bass is present.. worked on the guitar solo.

Burning_Angel
12-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Loved the bass line... :D

Kept it interesting. But it wasnt agonizingly prominent.

I didnt like bar 15 with the slides... but otherwise, awesome job so far.

Roxxin Biatch
12-27-2006, 01:13 PM
I like the way it all builds up, it's really funky. I like that it keeps to the same sort of sounding themes, though some people might argue that that's a bit repetitive.

I liked the bass solo. Not quite so keen on the guitar solo, though. Maybe it needs some work.

Keep working on it. Stay funky. :D

tabs aint cats
12-28-2006, 05:57 PM
I'd like to hear your song but I dont have powertab so could you add a MIDI?

thx for crit by the way

rodrigomierh
12-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Oh man i loved that bassline. the chorus is killer too. awesome work, but i didnt liked the solo; it sounds pretty plain.

mind critting one of mines? they are on my sig. thanks

onebetter
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
This was a really good song IMO. It really had every part as complex as it could be but it still all blended very well. The bass line was my favorite part and the only real problem i could find was that the guitar solo was really short. There was a lot of really well done syncopation, which is really what gives it it's funky feel. 9/10.