[GP5] Untitled - Rock/Alternative? (Don't know what to classify it as)

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5] Untitled - Rock/Alternative? (Don't know what to classify it as)

f12button
12-27-2006, 03:35 PM
So, this is a song i worked on yesterday, and i like it. Atleast, the riffs. I don't know what to classify it under, so i just said Rock/Alternative. What else could this fall under?

At some points it seems like the song's kind of random, but i guess that's what makes it original, you know?

The only part i don't like is the chorus after the re-intro. What do you think i should do instead of that?

Remember -- I critique back! :)

I didn't put a MIDI because it doesn't sound good without GP's RSE. I mean, if anyone requests, i'll put up a midi, but it won't sound as good. Also, the intro will sound horrible - the intro uses a Leslie effect and a Wah, without RSE it...just doesn't sound good.

Thanks!

** EDIT - Again, slight chorus change, also a slight change to the drums (ikedawg's suggestions, and also a few of my own add-ons)

Ryioku
12-27-2006, 04:15 PM
That was awesome man. The only thing i dont like is the chorus riff... it just seems a bit.. off.. to me. That intro riff, after the wah part, i loved that.

it reminded me of The Used... which is a good thing.

ikedawg
12-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Intro was good, liked it alot.
Not exactly my style of music, but It sounds really good.

The part in the chorus between measures 26 and 27 where you have the

11 10
X X
10 9

I think would sound better as just repeating the first chord, instead of going down a half step.

In measures 37-39, also this sounds to me like a part where the drums could stand out, but not over take... maybe just a snare roll, or a tom roll or something like that. Even just something like a 16th note snare on the 4th beat of measure 38 makes a big difference.

The drums fills sound good.

i changed measure 73 on the drums a bit, to break up the 8th notes a bit.
Put a set of 16ts on the bass drum leading into 73, and also on the down beat of beat 2, along with the tom. Just a few suttle changes.

Love the Re-intro at the end.

f12button
12-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks a lot, to both of you!

Ike, i changed it, with your suggestions -- they're great. Thanks! I've also done a couple add-ons of my own, so it sounds better. :)