Two new songs

PDA

View Full Version : Two new songs

Kaininmich
12-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Check out these tell me what ya think... ones an acoustic thing ma bob... and the other is kinda speed metalish

tabs aint cats
12-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Ok the acoustic song is basically the same thing over and over again. sure it sounds good but it has already been overused so nice try :)

the metal song is very good at some parts but there are some really odd transitions that brings it down
best bars:
2, 3, 17, 18

good work and keep writing songs!
work on your transitions (i need to do that to :))

Kaininmich
12-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Well considering i can play it all... and I had finaly got the balls to post two fo my song i've been working on i think ofr only playing for 10 months they werent bad. but eh... yeah the first one just to me sounded nice and easy going and the second i thought up while jammin with my cousin who plays bass and stuff but not bad overall you think?

tabs aint cats
12-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I just tried to be constructive.. I kinda had the feeling you had not played that long but it's by all means not bad stuff considering you've only been playing for 10 months!

check out my song and tell me what you think (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492909)

rodrigomierh
12-28-2006, 10:32 PM
the acoustic is good but too repetitive, i like the beggining of the metal song, but overall its really average. good job

Kaininmich
12-31-2006, 09:48 AM
I know, but thanx for the critisism thats why i posted them on here...

South-of-Heaven
12-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Very good ideas there. very cheesy idea on the metal song but sounds better than it looks. overall, the acoustic song is better. rock/strum on.

Fama
12-31-2006, 02:20 PM
I didn't really like the metal one... Dunno why. I just didn't.

The acoustic one was nice, but you should try putting in a solo instrument along with the guitar. Another guitar, maybe electric, or maybe a string ensemble/somesort of keyboard simulator (try some of the synthetic stuff with 12-string emulating to make it sound keyboardish, or some of the bell things). Even a violin. Or just some strange synthetic thing and try making a vocal melody. But all in all, I liked the acoustic one.

(and so this wouldn't be charity, here's mine for your critism pleasure http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7697345 )

GiantRaven
12-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Hmm, in the metal one:

The transition from bar 11 to 12 doesn't really work, liked all the riffs up to that point though

Hmm, I think the fact that you slow down where the transitions are ruins it a lot but the riffs are still good :D

Acoustic one:

Very nice and mellow, reminds me of the mellow stuff you'd get in RPG's, like it a lot

Kaininmich
01-02-2007, 02:12 AM
yeah i know.. but its the best at the moment i could come up with.. I decided in the end that if i was to really make it into a song i would change the tuning to drop D cuz it would sound clearer and then take out that measure all together and then add like alot more to it near the ending part

f12button
01-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I think the acoustic would sound better if it was...smoother? Maybe incorporate hammer-ons/pull-offs into the main riff? It's a little repetetive, but other than that, not too bad. :)

And with the metal song, i kind of find the higher riff annoying, as it's repeated a lot, and seems sort of off-balance with the main riff. I'd suggest not so many of the speed-16ths?