Minus the Bear

PDA

View Full Version : Minus the Bear

Plus_the_Bear
12-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Best band ever imo. More of a death metal/black metal guy myself, but Minus the Bear remain my favorite.

frd_marshll
12-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Minus the Bear is amazing one of my favorite bands and they are from Seattle

if like more heavy things you should look up Botch

Botch became Minus the bear and These Arms Are Snakes

you should take this to alt/indie

bobjewell87
12-28-2006, 11:10 PM
this band are just amazing, can't write a bad song

minus the bear >>>>>> botch i'm afraid though

Knife2aGunFight
12-28-2006, 11:33 PM
yes Minus the Bear is better than Botch, but Im afraid These Arms Are Snakes is better than Minus.

both are quite amazing though. Mad props to both of them.

frd_marshll
12-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Botch was more importent then Minus The Bear

new record should be amazing

bobjewell87
12-29-2006, 05:46 PM
quite looking forward to this new record, really enjoyed the new songs i heard when i saw them live, be nice to see how much influence their new keyboardist/sampler has had on them

sponj
12-29-2006, 06:20 PM
how many guitar player do they have? 2 right? i just love those tappings

Plus_the_Bear
01-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Knudson is great. Hella has unbelievable tapping too. The guy does tapping and rhythm work at the same time somehow. I kind of miss their old style....their new stuff is good too though.

oblique
01-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Excellent band... the best adjective for thier music is just "cool," everything from Knudson's tapping lines to the vocals are great. I like the guitar focused stuff like Lemurs, Man, Lemurs, but I the newer style they have on some Menos el Oso songs is good too. I'm looking forward to their next album.

kryptonite22
01-23-2007, 09:22 PM
just getting into em. really impressed upon first listen of menos el oro, or whatever its called.

Knife2aGunFight
01-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I've heard the new songs sound excellent, can't wait for this release.

Disco Vietnam
01-24-2007, 01:05 AM
A friend of mine got me hooked on them about a month ago. I never knew they had members from Botch!

Anyway, if their new CD is Interpretationes Del Oso, I do have it.

Dutch_Apples
01-24-2007, 02:56 AM
Minus the Bear is one of my new favorite bands. They have great songs, an original sound, and are innovative. I was going to see them in concert and was in the social room before the show when my girlfriend at the time started complaining of headaches and earaches she was having at the time and said she wanted to leave! I was so mad but left to make her happy and she was driving. That (and a few other things that happened that night) was one of the reasons I ended my relationship with her!

BTW, your handle kicks ass.

batesyy
01-24-2007, 07:30 AM
They are a great band. I love their song titles. Lol. Always something different.

Fav song would have to be Housten We Have Uh Oh.

oblique
01-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Anyway, if their new CD is Interpretationes Del Oso, I do have it.

That's just a remix cd. It sounds cool and I might check it out, but they're going to be releasing an album of new material this year.

system
01-24-2007, 03:05 PM
i initially wasn't too impressed, but i listened to them again like a month or two ago and have been hooked since. amazing band.

therobbert
01-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Love.

Menos El Oso is great.

adm.uk
01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
That's just a remix cd. It sounds cool and I might check it out, but they're going to be releasing an album of new material this year.

I thought the remix album was pretty weak personally. Theres a couple of decent tracks, but most of them lose the focus of why I love the song, rather than emphasising it.

But Minus the Bear are quite easily my favourite band. They're one of the few bands I've loved since the moment I first heard them.

bobjewell87
01-25-2007, 07:42 AM
I thought the remix album was pretty weak personally. Theres a couple of decent tracks, but most of them lose the focus of why I love the song, rather than emphasising it.

But Minus the Bear are quite easily my favourite band. They're one of the few bands I've loved since the moment I first heard them.

yes, i like how despite the songs being very enjoyable from the get go, they have a lot of battery life in them

tpen892004
02-01-2007, 07:51 PM
i loving them right now

highly refined pirates is such a good album

slinks
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I got Bands Like It When You Yell "Yar!" at Them, This is What I Know About Being Gigantic, and They Make Beer Commercials Like This for $2.50 apiece last week. I was very excited.

I love the Bear. I'm actually kind of looking forward to Interpretaciones Del Oso, despite some opinions I've heard of it.