The Beach Boys...

PDA

View Full Version : The Beach Boys...

jhardcore
12-29-2006, 07:50 AM
I hope this is the right place to make this, but they are old and a rock band, so classic rock seems right.

Does anyone here enjoy listening to The Beach Boys? I certainly do.

I got Pet Sounds for Christmas and it is such a great album. They are definitely one of the best (or at least most influential) American bands ever.

They have absolutely awesome vocal harmonies and their songs are so feel-good and easy to listen to, I would consider myself quite a Beach Boys fan.

Anyone else like them?

ź├Fire¤nside╗
12-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Loved them when I was a kid, about the only cd of my Dad's limited collection that I would want to listen to. He has a live album that I think is just amazing. Fantastic band, wrote so many catchy hits that are definately just feel-good songs.

My favourites:

Sloop John B. - live version is amazing, one of my favourite recorded live songs I've ever heard
Wouldn't It Be Nice
Good Vibrations
God Only Knows

st.jimmy4091680
12-29-2006, 03:37 PM
they seem to happy for me, I'm not like an emo or any thing and hate being happy, but theres no edge to them.

jhardcore
12-29-2006, 05:13 PM
they seem to happy for me, I'm not like an emo or any thing and hate being happy, but theres no edge to them.

A band doesn't need to be edgy to be good.

My favorite songs are:

Good Vibrations
God Only Knows
Fun, Fun, Fun
Babara Ann
Wouldn't it be Nice?
Help me Rhonda
Kokomo

And some others.

VoodooChild15
12-29-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't know a whole lot about them, but I absolutely love God Only Knows. It was perfect for the end of Love Actually.

rock_and_blues
12-29-2006, 10:41 PM
I havent heard much of them, but Good Vibrations and God Only Knows are insane!

Cptbeefheart
12-29-2006, 11:16 PM
I love Pet Sounds and still listen to it often. But other Beach Boys songs and records were played too much when I was young and have just become irritating to me.

linny4england
12-30-2006, 10:42 AM
listen to barbarra anne by the who with keith moon on vocals i think its better than the beach boys one but thats only because i love the who

indie-bassist
12-30-2006, 10:59 AM
I used to just think they were tacky and cheesy but now i listen to them quite a bit. Trying to get a whole music class to sing Barbera Anne in perfect harmonies is not easy though, especially as most of us cant sing

TheHeartbreaker
12-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Beach Boys are awesome.

However, Brian Wilson's solo album sMiLe (or however the **** he spelt it) was dissapointing for how long it took to make.

glm
04-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Kokomo is just badass all around.

AdayTripper
04-17-2007, 10:42 PM
The singing is just incredible. One of the only bands that can match The Beatles in vocal harmonies.
And of course they wrote just fun, happy songs that anyone with an open mind would love. Good stuff.

MOOSE_CCR99
04-18-2007, 03:56 PM
listen to barbarra anne by the who with keith moon on vocals i think its better than the beach boys one but thats only because i love the who
i agree 100%, on the who DVD the kids are alright its sooo funny to see keith sing, is that on a compilation album or where did you hear it???

MightyAl
04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
The Beach Boys are awesome. Next time you get plastered, just crank it up and surf on your couch, it's brilliant fun.