Changes[MIDI][GP5] Metal song.

PDA

View Full Version : Changes[MIDI][GP5] Metal song.

Bodomizer
12-29-2006, 11:51 AM
A new song. Call it melodeath or Prog or whatever you want to call it, but i like it. If you dont have GP5 and your listening to the MIDI, at 102 there is an awkward silence, but it would be filled up with a little drum solo, im just terrible with drums so i didnt even bother. Crit4Crit of course. Thanks.

Evil_Magician
12-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Nice man :D
I think down 2 steps is a bit to much but its just IMO.
Im no good on making drums either but it realy adds up to the song but i find it very annoying.
I loved the harmonic minor lick in the solo :D it fits very nice.

Not being mean but why did you call it changes ? There arent many changes in the song.

The intro reminded me a bit on a thing im working on:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7741016#post7741016

Bodomizer
12-29-2006, 02:31 PM
i called it changes because.... i dunno. lol theres like 2 changes.. but i didnt know what else to call it.. so yeah. and thanks alot for the Crit man. i really appreciate it. anymore? :)

Evil_Magician
12-29-2006, 03:29 PM
The COB influence is quite obvious slightly to obvious i gotta say.
The riff that starts after the intro is quite familiar ;)

I would call it "Castle of Doom" :p . Its just the first thing that came to mind.
"Changes" doesnt realy fit this song.

tabs aint cats
12-29-2006, 03:59 PM
It's pretty good! bar 76, 77 and 78 give me goosebumps! It could use some more work tho. you should make some drums for it and som riffs feel incomplete to me(add a rythem part for the riff that stars at bar 35 and the riff at bar 43 feels lacking).
overall good work!

sry but I couldn't resist changing your verse a bit, it just begged for it :(..

by the way check out my latest song (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492909) and tell me what you think!

chris_122
12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Pretty decent. Only thing I didn't like was the beginning when the rythm came in, it's playing the same chord for almost over 20 measures, it gets a little annoying. The solo was good too, measures 80-81 sounded off, IMO.

But if you added some drums and bass, it would most likely sound way better. Good job.

Alternate_rock
12-31-2006, 07:55 PM
i agree with chris_122, It would probably BE a WHOLE lot better with drums and bass. Alls they do is made it better. especially drums, but i dont have Gp5 i dont kno how difficult drums are.

NovemberRain273
01-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Pretty cool song dude. Solo was great, though holding the notes too many times like that doesnt suit the song t some points. The chord progression under the main lick at the beginning needs to have variety, it would sound LOADS better.

Overall, great song/. Would sound ace with bass. (lol i didnt mean that to rhyme)