Silversun Pickups

PDA

View Full Version : Silversun Pickups

AimlessAmoeba
12-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Heard these guys on Pandora about a year back, went out and ordered their EP 'Pikul' (which was their only release at the time) and listened to it endlessly. July rolls around, and they release a full-length album of gorgeous music only meant for ears that enjoy a high blast of psychedelia...

Thing is, you read about the pickups online and they're laden with Smashing Pumpkins comparisons. Granted, they sound somewhat similar, both bands have/had female bassists and they both really like layering but... that's neither here nor there.

Oh. By the by. Silversun Pickups and Smashing Pumpkins both have not only the same initials but also the same number of letters... coincidence? yeah, probably.

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard anything from silversun and enjoyed it? Just curious.

Iluvpowerchords
12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Saw them on Letterman a while back.

They were good, but not good enough to make me look into them.

frd_marshll
12-29-2006, 05:07 PM
i saw these guys back on my brithday they were really cool i bought the cd and i like it

the reminds me of a compnation of anthony green and conor obrest

lp_mayer_guitar
12-29-2006, 05:08 PM
i really dig their music. they're coming w/ snow patrol to austin march and im pretty stoked for that show. i love the guitarists style and tone.

AimlessAmoeba
12-29-2006, 05:10 PM
i think i might be seeing a date on the same tour as you, only up here in Toronto. Pickups and OKGO opening for Snow Patrol

frd_marshll
12-29-2006, 05:15 PM
i would like to see them again but they a playing a arena with snow patrol and i don't really wanna pay

Crimson_tornado
12-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Heard them a while back, like some of the stuff off the pikul ep, I didnt even know they had an album though. I heard of them through a band I saw supporting ex-pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan (odd co-incidence), a band called Gliss. I really recommend gliss though, they've toured with a few big names and could really be a big thing. Check them out!!

astonmartin
12-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I think their recordings dont do them justice they are much better live than on cd, a lot more energy.