Neil Young song i cant find

PDA

View Full Version : Neil Young song i cant find

RainSong
12-29-2006, 10:01 PM
ok i saw a live performance on Vh1 classic of him from around 71 and he played a song called Dance, Dance, Dance and its not on any albums i dont think. but im trying to find it but not having any luck so i dunno if anyone can help me out its much appriciated

rock_and_blues
12-29-2006, 10:17 PM
are you sure it wasnt Steve Miller (no idea how you could confuse the two but..) because I'm pretty sure he sings the song Dance, Dance, Dance,

RainSong
12-29-2006, 10:22 PM
nah im sure cause i have that song by him. but this was also a live performance
i even found lyrics to it. So im thinking it was never released cause i cant find it

Neil Young Lyrics

Dance, Dance, Dance Lyrics

Never thought love
had a rainbow on it
Used to think a cloud
was a nightmare
That was up until
I first met you
Now I go around
hoping you care.

Dance, dance,
feel it all around you
Dance, dance, dance,
Never thought love
had a rainbow on it
See the girl dance
See the girl dance.

Mississippi mud
never touched her fingers
California sand
lies in her hand
Love her more than life
as the daylight lingers
Early in the morning
I'll be her man.

Dance, dance,
feel it all around you
Dance, dance, dance,
Mississippi mud
never touched her fingers
See the girl dance
See the girl dance.

rock_and_blues
12-29-2006, 10:32 PM
hmmm...who knows then, brother...look on some other sites (google: neil young dance dance dance tab) but I cant help ya, I've never heard it. Best of luck man

RainSong
12-29-2006, 10:35 PM
hmmm...who knows then, brother...look on some other sites (google: neil young dance dance dance tab) but I cant help ya, I've never heard it. Best of luck man

im a girl
but yeah thanks anyway :peace:

rock_and_blues
12-29-2006, 10:46 PM
sorry bout that

jac_murphy
12-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Search Allmusic. (www.allmusic.com) If it's not there, it doesn't exist. ;)

-Jacques

ufossuck
12-30-2006, 06:08 PM
If I'm not mistaken, "Dance, Dance, Dance" was written by Neil Young for Crazy Horse. I'm pretty sure its on their album Crazy Horse. He was likely playing it with them when you saw it.

RainSong
12-30-2006, 10:29 PM
no it was just him alone im 100% sure it was only like a month ago i saw it....but i did find it from the site jac murphy posted and saw it was crazy horse and i downloaded it from itunes this morning.....thanks ;)

bobdylanfan65
12-31-2006, 08:55 PM
they played this on vh1? i found a show he played on the bbc network in 71'. he plays the song in this one too, i wonder if it is the same concert since he is alone here also. it could be. either way it is a very good song and i also had trouble finding it.