pretty fast easy riff

PDA

View Full Version : pretty fast easy riff

njrocker08
12-30-2006, 02:54 AM
Okay my friends and i were listening to the strokes and i wrote this riff i think it sounds a little strokes-esque, critique would be appreciated because i know its not that good but id like to improve on it any help on it is welcome thanks guys :D

the tuning is standard

e|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------12-12----------------------|
G|------8-8-9-9-8-8---(x 2)--------9-9-----------9-9---(x 2)-------|
D|-9-9-----------------------11-11--------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------14-14----------------------------12-12------------------|
G|----------9-9----------9-9--(x 2)--------8-8-----------8-8--(x 2)----|
D|-11-11-----------------------------9-9-----------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

so you play that part fairly fast and ill take any suggestions for the rhythm, thanks guys :liplick:

no1flyhalf
12-30-2006, 03:07 AM
e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|---4-4-4-----------------------------------2-2-2--------------4-4-4--------------|
D|---4-4-4-(rest)x4---4-4-4--------------2-2-2-(rest)x4---4-4-4-(rest)x4---|
A|---2-2-2--------------4-4-4-(rest)x4---0-0-0--------------2-2-2--------------|
E|------------------------2-2-2--------------------------------------------------------|

THERES your rhythm. its just the same thing that is played behind every song ever made. maybe not EVERY song, but its a common rhythem in the key of B.
(sorry if the post is bad or messed up, im not a computer wizz, i just hit the little buttons and things begin to magically happen; often naked people show up on the screen!)

Pure_Morning
12-30-2006, 06:51 AM
I sorta like it, just change the notes on the b string up to the e, then it'll be even easier to play.