Metalcore Song what i made. (GP5 only)

PDA

View Full Version : Metalcore Song what i made. (GP5 only)

face_haver
01-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Basically a song i made its prety much metalcore. Okay so i uploaded another one more deathcorey and there are unfinished as you can tell. Im based in brisbane australia and am actaully looking to start a metalcore with some noise and possibly death influence depending on the rest of the band but mainly metalcore. But this post is mainly to get my orignals out there.

EDIT: Added midi's for all songs and a 5th song. There are now 2 Deathcore songs and 3 Metalcore ones.

the agony scene
01-02-2007, 02:17 AM
not too shabby man nice work

face_haver
01-02-2007, 02:25 AM
updated

ouchies
01-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I like the first metalcore song, the breakdown is sweet. Some might say its generic but personally i love breakdowns ;]. I like hte 2nd breakdown, but i dont really like 64 with the bass. it seemed awkward. actually i dont really like that riff all together. at 79 i dont like the rhythm guitar, those chords shouldnt be held out imo, it doesn't keep the song in motion. everything after that is awesome.

The 2nd song was alrihgt. i didnt like it as much as the first.

The deathcore song was definatly the best, by far. i loved every second of it, i wish it was a little longer though

atreyukicksass
01-02-2007, 04:17 PM
metalcore 1 sounds like an As I Lay Dying song

the agony scene
01-02-2007, 07:35 PM
oklistened to the rest the deathcore one was awesome
do you have a band man ?

face_haver
01-03-2007, 12:03 AM
I don't have a band as of yet. It's hard to find a good drummer where i live. But ive got a good vocalist and another guitarist.

I agree the first song sounds like a ALID song due to the part at about 64 which ouchies didn't like. I don't really either and im not a fan of the parts he pointed out. I've had that deathcore one sitting on my comp for ages and i just decided to whack some riffs on and put it up hence the short length. Thanks for the feeback spread the word kids.

I'll have a go at updating the bad bits at some point and see what you think.

face_haver
01-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Okay so i haven't fixed those other ones but i have added another deathcore, this ones a bit more moshy with a better breakdown that the others. Enjoy, its still attached to the first post.

Ryioku
01-03-2007, 03:44 AM
I love both the deathcore songs, however the 2 Metalcore, they're good, just lacking at some parts in originality.

Overall, great job.

GiantRaven
01-03-2007, 05:46 AM
I don't like the drums at the start of the metalcore one

Bars 27-29 come off a bit strange

The main guitar riff is cool, I think you repeat it far too often though

And too much open string chugging, that stuff is boring in my eyes

Your Deathcore one had much more interesting riffs

ctb
01-03-2007, 06:54 AM
They were all so damn brilliant. I especially loved the rhythm of the drums.

face_haver
01-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Giant Raven- There is alot of open string chugging but i put that in mainly for kids who come to shows to dance so they have some good mosh parts. I mean i plan to play shows with these songs, when i fix em good slash get my drummer. I think at this point deathcore hasn't been completely over-saturated so originality is alot easier but thanks for the comments and generally i agree with what you're saying. I'm pretty sure bars 27-29 deviates from the scale or key of the rest of the song, but i like it and it sounds good when actaully played. I definitely agree with the repetition of the main riff i just did that to extend the song a bit obviously the arrangement will be changed when i get lyrics and my singer organized.

GiantRaven
01-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Giant Raven- There is alot of open string chugging but i put that in mainly for kids who come to shows to dance so they have some good mosh parts. I mean i plan to play shows with these songs, when i fix em good slash get my drummer. I think at this point deathcore hasn't been completely over-saturated so originality is alot easier but thanks for the comments and generally i agree with what you're saying. I'm pretty sure bars 27-29 deviates from the scale or key of the rest of the song, but i like it and it sounds good when actaully played. I definitely agree with the repetition of the main riff i just did that to extend the song a bit obviously the arrangement will be changed when i get lyrics and my singer organized.
Cool :)

rockon200
01-03-2007, 09:27 AM
metalcore.mid sounds pretty cool m8! the others are pretty good to

pete07
01-04-2007, 09:55 AM
i have to agree with what most people are saying on this one, i really like the deathcore songs you have. You have good use of harmonized riffs and know how to get a good riff without overcomplicating things. looking forward to hearing the final recorded pieces!

the_crimison
01-04-2007, 10:16 AM
they all have good structure, but from bar 87 on metalcore one, it sounds a bit wierd, kinda like videogame music.

Nonetheless your songs are great.

face_haver
01-05-2007, 12:50 AM
The Crimson: I agree about the video game music thing i've only been playing for like 2 years and im self taught so i don't really know scales and theory. I only really know what sounds good on the lower strings so most of my higher stuff is pretty corny slash trash.

the agony scene
01-05-2007, 08:37 AM
wow only 2 years bravo

g.a.r.r.y
01-06-2007, 02:45 AM
great work
in particular, the drums are exceptional

saddam
01-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Meh, i don't like metalcore or deathcore. The metalcore songs sounded really uninspired all of them, they all started with pretty much the same riff. The deathcore ones were pretty good, but stil a bit too repetitive and unoriginal. Maybe some cool shred solo's would spice things up... .

crit mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495467

gilbeaux1983
01-06-2007, 10:59 PM
that is some killer work there dude! rock on!!

psychotim
01-07-2007, 04:44 AM
Its fokes like you that make this world a better place.
That was ****ing awsome man.

rexdime
01-07-2007, 05:50 AM
is GP5 guitar pro 5? My trial version expired on it and can't use it anymore, is there any other software like it that you don't need to pay for (freeware)?

psychotim
01-07-2007, 06:01 AM
yeah, power tab, but you cant view gp5 files with that.
you can only view gp files with guitar pro.
And you can get guitar pro for free illegaly from torrents.