the klaxons

PDA

View Full Version : the klaxons

jazza1234
01-04-2007, 10:09 PM
i heard a band the about 3 months ago and instantly bought tickets for me and my friends to go see them. they never even heard them but by the 2nd song they were jumping all over the place. dose any one else like the klaxons or "neo-rave"

Gurgle!Argh!
01-04-2007, 10:16 PM
klaxons (there is no 'the') are ok. new rave is the worst phrase ever. there is no new rave scene. people should stop using it. its horrendous.

balltounge
01-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Ive tried to get into them steadily, but failed.

I dont feel like im missing out.

jagstang270
01-05-2007, 10:17 AM
yeah, I like them. that's all

/unsupportive comment.

fbtmof
01-05-2007, 11:12 PM
klaxons and the horrors are going to be really influential to this new scene that's going on in the uk

unplugtheradio
01-06-2007, 01:29 AM
i really like them.

i dont like the horrors.

lukef
01-06-2007, 03:28 AM
I think they're great. New Young Pony Club are a better band from this scene though.

STRAT811
01-06-2007, 10:44 AM
They have a song on the new Tony Hawk game, and it's sick. That's all I've heard.

hengler
01-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I like 'em, gong to see them at the NME Indie Rave tour in Liverpool, good line-up. Would have CSS headlining with Klaxons second-bill if it were my choice but whatever.

Someone mentioned The Horrors - they're truly awful.

Kyle Gass
01-06-2007, 03:40 PM
We played Klaxons at my party lastnight.... Thumbs up

fbtmof
01-06-2007, 03:52 PM
The Horrors are a charming band

thyme
01-07-2007, 12:18 AM
I think they're great. New Young Pony Club are a better band from this scene though.
ICH no, i saw them play and they were just another shite female voice band with one catchy song and then a load of boring poo. IMO

Klaxons however are fantastic - the new single golden skans is a great tune.

onlyonehere
01-07-2007, 06:01 AM
klaxons and the horrors are going to be really influential to this new scene that's going on in the uk

Oh joy. What's the trend going to be this time? I mean the tight jeans and big perm hairdo's were bad enough, but coupled with those ridiculous pointy shoes was just.... why?!

indie-bassist
01-07-2007, 08:46 AM
I like the klaxons, but the horros arent as good

_propaganda
01-07-2007, 01:16 PM
i like the klaxons

just a beatnick
01-07-2007, 05:14 PM
klaxsons are the bomb. there is a new rave scene your just not in it! lol

grunge geek al
01-07-2007, 05:29 PM
i have one song by them (atlantis to interzone) and i loved that. and just today i heard their new single, which is catchy as f**k

scoob666
01-08-2007, 09:46 AM
new rave is the worst phrase ever. there is no new rave scene. people should stop using it. its horrendous.
You know they invented the term "new rave" themselves as a laugh? Then the NME, twats that they are, jumped all over it and, Robert is your father's brother, new rave's everywhere now.

Shwa123
01-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I thought that was supposed to be an ironic scene creation for all the scenesters. Klaxons are quality from what I've heard. I'm seeing em in Bristol with CSS, at that NME tour thingy. Should be good.

Gurgle!Argh!
01-10-2007, 08:11 AM
You know they invented the term "new rave" themselves as a laugh? Then the NME, twats that they are, jumped all over it and, Robert is your father's brother, new rave's everywhere now.

yeah, exactly. thats whats so horrible about it.

klaxsons are the bomb. there is a new rave scene your just not in it! lol

:rolleyes:

TV Party
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Going to see Klaxons as part of the NME Rave Tour, should be cool.

mattyp90
01-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Saw Klaxons live supporting Arctic Monkeys and they were really good, I love Golden Skans, Atlantis to Interzone and Gravity's Rainbow but can't stand the 'neo-rave' scene, and apparently they said that as a joke genre but I don't know.

European Son
04-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I HATE this, seriously. Not the Klaxons, they're absolutely great, but the fact that the press strips down every chance for a new subgenre/movement to grow (like punk, grunge etc). Whenever there's a new thing rising, the music press goes all hysterical about it and before the "new phenomenal band" even releases their debut album you are bored by the hype. Damnit, just let the subgenres evolve without stripping down the "leading" band to pieces.

galapogo
04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I don't really like them, but they're vaguely listenable and quite catchy. What pisses me off is the whole "new-rave" bullshit. That whole "scene" is one big joke.

jazza1234
04-20-2007, 08:50 PM
the press are always coming up with the new phases and scenes to label bands. so i just ingnore them and listen to the music

Alix_D
04-21-2007, 05:27 AM
I've had a huge arguement with someone before about nu rave, look up that thread if you're at all bothered.

I like Klaxons, but i've only got half the album :(

the_astronaut
04-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I hate this band and everything about them.

grunge geek al
04-21-2007, 01:34 PM
It's Not Over Yet is my faviroute song on the album, but i also love Gravitys Rainbow

ParticleManTMBG
04-21-2007, 07:59 PM
They had a song on tony hawk called gravity's rainbow which is stupid but very catchy.

j0nmcc
04-21-2007, 08:28 PM
theyr alright, but theyre nothing special - just a fad band arent they

in 4 months everyone will be like "who?"

Abe
04-21-2007, 08:33 PM
hey! not seen j0n post in a while, but yeah; agreed.

unrelated

sunburn by muse just came on, and it's so much better than any scene thats been around in the past few years IMO.

jagstang270
04-22-2007, 06:57 AM
I seriosuly think they're a truly GREAT band. I loved their album, I played it so many times...they juut know how to build their (crappy-but-I-love-it) sound.

tomwm1
04-27-2007, 03:46 PM
theyve got cool basslines which remind me of death from above 1979

mattyp90
04-27-2007, 03:49 PM
sunburn by muse just came on, and it's so much better than any scene thats been around in the past few years IMO.

Amen to that, bring on Wembley in the summer.

ParticleManTMBG
04-27-2007, 04:01 PM
theyr alright, but theyre nothing special - just a fad band arent they

in 4 months everyone will be like "who?"
A bit of irony in the +44 avatar

European Son
04-28-2007, 09:12 AM
^ True :haha:

European Son
04-29-2007, 08:22 PM
I just got their album today. Personally I think it's absolutely amazing. My favourite track is probably As Above, So Below. And if you don't like the whole New-Rave thing, just ignore it and listen to the music, damnit, :D

redmanmarshall
04-30-2007, 12:26 PM
It's Not Over Yet is my faviroute song on the album, but i also love Gravitys Rainbow

It's Not Over Yet is my favourite song off the album aswell, even though it's a cover. Closely followed by Totem on the Timeline.

Great band in my opinion, I didn't like the album when I first got it, but it really grew on me.

fbtmof
04-30-2007, 10:34 PM
i saw them at coachella and they were ****ing amazing

mr kipling
05-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Is there a reason why there are two videos for Gravity's rainbow?

Hakanku
05-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Klaxons are quite good, but The Horrors are TERRIBLE, they come from where I live, and I have never been so disgraced to have lived here.

mr kipling
05-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Klaxons are quite good, but The Horrors are TERRIBLE, they come from where I live, and I have never been so disgraced to have lived here.
I quite like the horrors. Not enough to buy/illegally download their album though.

Spiller
05-02-2007, 06:18 AM
If you like the Horrors and you're UK-based you might be interested to hear they're doing a free gig with the Gossip at the Manchester Festival this summer. More deets here: http://www.manchesterinternationalfestival.com/news/details.aspx?id=32

MadClownDisease
06-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Good day there, does anyone know where I can get an instrumental version of "Golden Skans"? Because I heard it on the advert for 4's Brothers and Sisters and it sounds like a great indie song (reminiscent of Interpol) so I look it up and WTF!? I hate those vocals but love the guitars. Any help?

YourLastAffront
06-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh joy. What's the trend going to be this time? I mean the tight jeans and big perm hairdo's were bad enough, but coupled with those ridiculous pointy shoes was just.... why?!
+1, this new pop-rock scene is totally centered around fashion and fashion alone.

I've never liked the Klaxons, but as soon as NME get hold of anything it gets raped and destroyed by them and their douche'y fanbase.

Adderall_Ninja
06-10-2007, 11:36 AM
This band is ****ing terrible.

radio_schizo
06-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Boring boring music. But they are better than all those bands like CSS, New Young Pony Club - man their songs are so weak. I don't see how this is rave music, it's just electronic indie.

I like The Horrors by the way...they are a fun band. Nothing groundbreaking but better than most mainstream British bands atm.

Caustic
06-11-2007, 07:48 AM
I heard their album and it's not bad at all. I'd imagine it would translate better live.

But I have no idea what new rave is. **** the NME and their stupid labels.

European Son
06-11-2007, 10:09 AM
The funny thing is, The Klaxons themselves don't care much for the 'New Rave'-thing at all. :p:

mattyp90
06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
They're supposed to be going prog-rock next album according to the guitarist, mainly because they like it, and also to get away from new rave and the 'scene'.

YourLastAffront
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
They're supposed to be going prog-rock next album according to the guitarist, mainly because they like it, and also to get away from new rave and the 'scene'.
That's the sceneist thing I've ever heard :D

mattyp90
06-11-2007, 12:37 PM

:(

YourLastAffront
06-11-2007, 12:55 PM
:(
Not you, the band ;)

greggybhoy
06-13-2007, 07:27 PM

These bands have nothing in common with each others "scene". Plus the Horrors are sh*te, and always will be. The hype about the Klaxons will not last, and if anyone knows anything about real rave, like I do, there is not some kind of art school middle class revival of rave going on just now, just a chance for the NME to define a new genre. If it was proper rave they were making, then it would be getting played in proper rave clubs, where ravers go.

Don't always believe the NME, I buy it most weeks, and pur salt on it before I read it. People souldn't forget that they said the Horrors would be huge, before their album, and gigs, and look (if it's really relevant) and everything about them was slated by everyone. The Automatic were supposed to be the next big saviours of guitar music too, and everyone knows how crap they are.

European Son
06-20-2007, 10:47 AM
For once, I agree with you. :p:

I still like Klaxons, though... :rolleyes:
Seeing them this summer. Does anybody know what they're like live? Good? Bad?

K-Lizzle
06-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I've only heard, like, three songs by Klaxons. I'm debating whether or not I want to drop $9.64 for the album at Wally-World.

If most of the album consists of annoying electronic noise like "Atlantis To Interzone," then I'll most likely hate the album. But if there's more stuff like "Golden Skans" or "Gravity's Rainbow," then I'll probably love it.

European Son
06-20-2007, 03:12 PM
I've only heard, like, three songs by Klaxons. I'm debating whether or not I want to drop $9.64 for the album at Wally-World.

If most of the album consists of annoying electronic noise like "Atlantis To Interzone," then I'll most likely hate the album. But if there's more stuff like "Golden Skans" or "Gravity's Rainbow," then I'll probably love it.
It's a mix between those things, actually. I didn't like the "annoying electronic noise" at first either, but it grew on me.

K-Lizzle
06-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Ch-check it. I picked up the album, and I'm quite fond of it.

I like how they kind of have that electro-post-punk sound. Very deck.

I am Samuel
06-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Nu-rave is silly. Most of the kids listening to it wouldn't survive at a real rave anyway; their neon colours would make them prime targets for being arrested once the police showed up.

Klaxons are, and have always been a complete and utter joke. My dislike for them has nowt to do with the NME or their hyping. Anyone from London who's seen them and the scene surrounding them grow horrendously will understand what I mean. Style over substance entirely.

European Son
06-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Nu-rave is silly.

+1

Klaxons are, and have always been a complete and utter joke..

:no:

ScarletSpider
06-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Nu-rave is silly. Most of the kids listening to it wouldn't survive at a real rave anyway; their neon colours would make them prime targets for being arrested once the police showed up.

I agree... The Klaxons even said they don't like being associated with drugs and want to put the message out there that "Drugs are not necessarily ok". What the hell is "RAVE" if there are no drugs involved... kinda thought that was the point. Kinda like an acid test without acid. Pointless fashion culture I suppose...

European Son
06-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I agree... The Klaxons even said they don't like being associated with drugs and want to put the message out there that "Drugs are not necessarily ok". What the hell is "RAVE" if there are no drugs involved... kinda thought that was the point. Kinda like an acid test without acid. Pointless fashion culture I suppose...
Klaxons also said that they don't want to be a part of the nu-rave scene at all. If you're going to comment on something, please know what you're talking about before you do.

Alix_D
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
It's sad that it's all they'll be remembered for really.

The-Likely-Lads
06-25-2007, 09:32 PM
i dont think people will remember them as a nu-rave band, their big hits like Golden Skans and Not Over Yet sound just like good pop songs, when people have got over this new rave scene they will still be popular as a pop band i think.

European Son
06-26-2007, 03:26 AM
It's sad that it's all they'll be remembered for really.
I think they will be remembered for a lot more than being a nu-rave band. They write good tunes, and good tunes sell. Like the gentleman above me said, I think they will outlast all that. Nu-Rave will fade out before the Klaxons will. Take Sonic Youth for an example. How many associate them with No Wave music today? They're just an Alternative band today.

Alix_D
06-26-2007, 06:59 AM
Sadly I don't, as much as I like them, the whole Nu-rave tag has become the Klaxons in popular definition, so they'll probably die with the scene.

I am Samuel
06-26-2007, 04:27 PM
i dont think people will remember them as a nu-rave band, their big hits like Golden Skans and Not Over Yet sound just like good pop songs, when people have got over this new rave scene they will still be popular as a pop band i think.

What????

It's Not Over Yet is a cover of a song by Grace, an old rave hit!

As for the new rave tag, they invented it themselves, not the NME - for a change.

jagstang270
06-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I had a bet with my friends what would be the next single to get released after Magick, I said it would be Golden Skans...

European Son
06-26-2007, 04:58 PM
What????

It's Not Over Yet is a cover of a song by Grace, an old rave hit!

As for the new rave tag, they invented it themselves, not the NME - for a change.
Yeah, but the whole thing was just a joke to them. :p:

sponj
06-26-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm going to see them in a week.

yay

I am Samuel
06-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah, but the whole thing was just a joke to them. :p:

True, but my point was that not all fingers should always point to the NME (although usually they should!).

It was their own invention and as a result people shouldn't complain about it, the band brought it on themselves.

jazza1234
10-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I cant believe how seriously people took the whole new rave thing. i know people who think they are "new ravers"

European Son
10-11-2007, 03:49 PM
I cant believe how seriously people took the whole new rave thing. i know people who think they are "new ravers"
It's quite ridiculous, I know.

Klaxons, on the other hand, rawk.

Alix_D
10-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Nu-Rave is pretty much just scenesters in denial of being scene.

The other night I was seeing Hadouken! and a girl came up to me asked for a lighter, to which I duly oblidged. While she was sparking up, she said to me ''****ing hate all these kids in multi-coloured jeans, ****ing scene kids, it's like we're the only ones who aren't dressed like that''.

She had a blonde fringe over her face with pink in it, a nintendo t-shirt, a glow stick, blue tights and fluffy purple legwarmers.

:haha

The denial in motion.

shyalicia
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
I've only listened to a few of their songs but I like it!

AtReYuRoCk
11-01-2007, 05:02 PM
if you like klaxons then try goose http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=33958982

frusciante.ve
12-27-2007, 03:45 AM
i like em but wtf at four horsemen of 2012? :confused: . It's 19 minutes of silence and some pointless noise at the end :/

Alix_D
12-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Loads of bands do that, as soon as you go in the studio, you get an urge to do it! :p:

sam i am
01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I like them.... I just wish NME would stop licking their asses so much. I swear, if I met the editor of that magazine, i'd give him a peice of my mind. I only buy it to find new bands.

crazy8rgood
11-24-2010, 08:44 PM
I just gave their new album a listen.

So fucking good. Made me go check out their first one, which is also fucking awesome.

I don't know why I ever disliked this band in the first place. Mildly obsessed with them atm.

Munroe
11-28-2010, 06:14 PM
I just gave their new album a listen.

So fucking good. Made me go check out their first one, which is also fucking awesome.

I don't know why I ever disliked this band in the first place. Mildly obsessed with them atm.

Sorry but I thought their new album was pretty poor :(

I love the band though.

crazy8rgood
11-28-2010, 07:06 PM
^i honestly don't think it's that drastic of a departure from the first album. It's the same thing, just heavier, and more experimentative. And psychedelic as ****.

All things I find awesome.