classic covers

PDA

View Full Version : classic covers

iamwangzilla
01-05-2007, 09:22 AM
ok my band is going nowhere fast. we are falling into that lame group of people that just play power chords... and thats not cool. so i proposed to everyone that we stop writing crap songs and start learning other peoples songs, see if we cant pick up some techniques along the way for our own songs. i proposed we learn classic rock songs, like 60-70's rock (cream, beatles, steppenwolf, etc) to learn what real music sounds like. i think this was a great idea, and so do the members, but i wanna know what you think, and what songs would be good to develop technique and get a certain tightness within the band.

thanks,
rik

nz_matt
01-05-2007, 11:46 PM
IDK, I would just say Led Zeppelin because they're my favourite Classic Rock band! Cream has got some great songs which I think would be good to learn for your group definitely, but it depends what sort of music you want to eventually play when you start writing your own songs?

Maet
01-06-2007, 01:01 AM
i proposed we learn classic rock songs, like 60-70's rock (cream, beatles, steppenwolf, etc) to learn what real music sounds like.

:haha Gets me every time.

I think there's a sub-forum in musician talk for things like this. But if you're really that desperate for a CR song to cover, just do Summertime Blues or My Generation. Something simple.