breathe - FLOYD!!

PDA

View Full Version : breathe - FLOYD!!

slash6464
01-05-2007, 10:34 AM
ok, i was watching a documentary, on the making and recording of dark side of the moon. and towards the end they have david gilmour, playing and singing breathe. but he wasn't playing the like stuff he usually does on the track, it was just him on an acoustic playing a chord progression

now i quiet frankly dont have a very well trained ear yet, and i play bass mostly, so could any tell me, just what that chord progression he is playing?

thanks in advance

also if there are any guitarist who know, what pick ups david gilmour uses in the bridge of his black strat? SOUNDS AWESOME

Abe
01-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I haven't seen it, but I play brethe acoustic and the chords I use are in the tab section somewhere.

Oh yeah, and I'm sure there's an "ONLY PINK FLOYD THREAD" where this could go.

slash6464
01-05-2007, 10:55 AM
yeah im pretty sure that last remark wasn't all that needed either

stonegolem13
01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
He's right though, there's an "Only Pink Floyd" thread for a reason...

...in answer to your question (http://www.mikesguitarsite.co.uk/gear/pink_floyd/)

prsfloyd
01-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Its just Eminor and A with the fills in between. Its an acoustic rendition of the song with the same chords used but instead of picking out individual notes like on the album he is just strumming the chords.

I actually play that version more than the album version, I think it sounds good to sing too.

BrainDamage
01-05-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah im pretty sure that last remark wasn't all that needed either I'm quite sure it was, cause he's right.

prsfloyd is pretty much right, I think it's really Emadd9 (and Em7 at some points), but no big deal.

And in addition to the website stonegolem posted, this is pretty much the bible when it comes to Gilmour guitars, effects, and settings...
www.gilmourish.com

Oh yeah, and...

***CLOSED***

:)