The "Vengeance" Comp >>Wave 2<<

PDA

View Full Version : The "Vengeance" Comp >>Wave 2<<

The Hurt Within
01-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Right this is perhaps 2 of 3 in the vengeance series...but anyway this one is gonna be far easier and more along the lines of getting personal vendettas resolved.

Here in this comp you get to call out firstly your 'nemesis' writer and then call out a piece they wrote; for a special 1v1 match, you can also call out more than one writer to participate in this match making it a 1v1v1. Perhaps you lost to it once, and think now with a few revisions you can beat it this time around.

Each match will be worth 2pts to the winner and -2pts to the looser(s), and you are permitted to participate in 3 matches in total (either 1v1s or 1v1v1s) making the maximum points available 6!

Once your name is on the list you have entered a binding contract that you cannot retract from. (doing so will result in points losses) This is merely choosing old pieces so its not like you have to write anything. But by entering in this contract you then allow any of the other competitors access to your back catalogue, and they can choose any piece they wish: as can you.

When you put your name forward please try and be as accomodating as possible, if you have a website hosting your work, give me the link. So as to make finding that "bastard piece" all the more easier.

In the interest of fairness please keep the match ups resonably level in terms of when they were written and length style etc...I mean I'm expecting most of these matches to be ex-1v1s that were too close, or matches you felt cheated out of a win by a noob vote.

So sign up now!

- THW (steve) Works (http://www.poetryvault.com/List_Of_Poems.asp?Poet=Steve+Ralph)
- Jammydude44 (Jamie)
- Caz_guitar_dude (Calum)
- SilenceEvolves (Corey)
- #1Synth (Dylan)
- Stratkat (Kyle)
- Circular.Parade (Mathieu) Works (http://www.poetryvault.com/List_Of_Poems.asp?Poet=Mathieu+Boulet)

The Hurt Within
01-07-2007, 05:56 AM
WHAT THE! No one game for the easiest comp ever, you have to write NOTHING! and you could win 6 points! I dont understand.

:sad:

caz_guitar_dude
01-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Well, i would enter, but when i first came to S&L in march last year (i think) i was utter bollocks! I don't want to lose 2 points. :(

The Hurt Within
01-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Thats the whole point though, If someone chooses your first ever piece, you choose theres! Even match-up. Plus its only points, wheres the fun, I lost 4 to benji, I didn't care. I'd be 4 points clear were it not for that.

Jammydude44
01-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Ha, feels like ou still got a bit of a grudge the THW :)

Yeah I'm game, I've posted some pretty bad pieces before though, but heck I'm just sliding down the points table anyway :)

I'm in.

The Hurt Within
01-07-2007, 07:34 AM
^ YAY! you've made my (hungover) morning. Thanks man.

Do you have a place where you store all your stuff, like online so people can browse?

Well I'm hoping some people will want to face pieces they lost to in really close 1v1s or something, plus a few of us have rivalries here, like Myself and Final, we love each others work so 1v1s are really competitive. Thats the plan.

But yeah thanks man

Jammydude44
01-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Ah just check in my previously posted threads in my UG profile :)

I should really put more stuff up, I did have something a while back on freewebs that I kinda just didn't add much to :)

All in good time...

The Hurt Within
01-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, ths comp is gonna take awhile to get going, if it ever does.

caz_guitar_dude
01-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Oh what the hell, i might as well have a go. :p:

SilenceEvolves
01-07-2007, 12:42 PM
i'm in, i know where some of my old stuff is, i'll try to find my really old stuff, but if i do i'm guaranteed to lose lol. i know it's online somewhere.

anywyas, in, i don't give a shit hollaaaaa.

caz_guitar_dude
01-07-2007, 01:51 PM
i'm in, i know where some of my old stuff is, i'll try to find my really old stuff, but if i do i'm guaranteed to lose lol. i know it's online somewhere.

anywyas, in, i don't give a shit hollaaaaa.
Nah, my old stuff has to be worse than yours Corey. :(

The Hurt Within
01-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Woo thats the spirit!

As and when you guys find your stuff post the links for me! So we can all have a giggle.

circular.parade
01-07-2007, 02:49 PM
well. I'm not sure yet, but I might drop in, I'll check out if I can store all my pieces online first. any suggestions?

The Hurt Within
01-07-2007, 02:51 PM
^ http://www.poetryvault.com

Its perfect.

#1 synth
01-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I call out Dylan, as I think we need to figure out who is the better Dylan again. DanteR* that is. And I'll up everything soon.

Final
01-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I think I might join up in this, just because. I don't have just one place where all of my stuff is posted, but my xanga holds more of my "better" old/recent stuff. The rest are all in notebooks/notepads/e-mails.

So, if my xanga page will work well enough, I'm in. If not, I'm still in, biznitch.;)

SilenceEvolves
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
i could probably make a website for everyone to upload their shit for this competition to if you want.

it'd take a few days though.

stratkat
01-07-2007, 11:19 PM
In, all my stuff is on UG, even all the way to the very first song I ever wrote.
Ug threads by me (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=2402775)

edit: I don't really know who to call out, so i'll do it later or wait for someone to challenge me.

The Hurt Within
01-08-2007, 07:05 AM
i could probably make a website for everyone to upload their shit for this competition to if you want.

it'd take a few days though.

Just the one I'm on "poetry vault"

stratkat
01-08-2007, 09:00 AM
My link doesn't work anymore, so I guess the URL changed. I'll set up an account on poetry vault or something.

caz_guitar_dude
01-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Ok, i'm now a featured poet on Poetry Vault, but for some reason when i go to "browse" my poems, nothing comes up. This is also the case on your link Steve :confused:

The Hurt Within
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Ohh yeha I had that trouble with my first song, just keep adding them, then all of a sudden they all appear. Although i dunno why my link would do that :/

Edit: I've now changed my link, so it should work.

circular.parade
01-08-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.poetryvault.com/List_of_Poems.asp?Poet=Mathieu%20Boulet

Yay. (I'm in)

edit : This site's a bitch, it lists poems by alphabetical order.
edit 2 : just copy/paste the prose-ish ones in word, I'm too lazy to fix em up.

punchupatatigge
01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm in, i'm calling out stratkat for that 1v1 we had a little while ago.

stratkat
01-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm in, i'm calling out stratkat for that 1v1 we had a little while ago.

Okay

Works (http://www.poetryvault.com/List_of_Poems.asp?Poet=Kyle%20Smith) got an account, there's only one poem right now though.

Edit: It took an hour, but I put up every poem I've ever put on UG onto poetry vault.

circular.parade
01-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Sooooooooooooo

We wait for people to post things up so we can call them up, right? Or do we have to do it already?

Final
01-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I've decided I'm going to take all my xanga pieces and throw them in a poetryvault page, and then I'm going to sift through my notebooks and e-mails for other things I've written to put in. So yeah, I'm definitely in when I get an account all set up and prepared.

edit - So I was going to make a PV website, but I'm confused. I was submitting a poem/registering/whatever but in the way end at the confirmation page, it didn't say my name.. just my middle initial, and then it put in Steve's e-mail address instead of mine. What the crap is that?