Orion at the School Talent Show

PDA

View Full Version : Orion at the School Talent Show

SilverStratocas
01-07-2007, 08:11 PM
That's what me and my band is working on/planning to do.

We don't have a vocalist yet, and this song works well without vocals, and it's a very good song.

Our set can only be around 10 minutes though, and Orion is a long song, so we'd have to set up/break down really fast.

Do you guys think this song would be a good choice to play live at a High School Talent show?

Cannibalkyle16
01-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I think it would be amazing, do it.

Jaxoo
01-07-2007, 08:16 PM
I guess so if you play it well. Its a great song if you dont stuff it up.

Cannibalkyle16
01-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Sorry for the double post...but when/if you do it, get a Video and post it on here :D

Deadmen
01-07-2007, 08:18 PM
We don't have a vocalist yet, and this song works well without vocals, and it's a very good song.

Umm, Orion is an instrumental.

kirbyrocknroll
01-07-2007, 08:18 PM
If you can play it well, go for it.

Atreideslegend
01-07-2007, 08:19 PM
hmmmmm, maybe not for a talent show, its far too long and not lot of people would recognise it/enjoy it. You could maybe start with say 60 seconds of it to open with then move onto something people will recognise?

Sloopy
01-07-2007, 08:19 PM
It might seem boring to lots of high schoolers who arent really into musicianship and stuff. Just my opinion.

SilverStratocas
01-07-2007, 08:20 PM
I know, I'm saying we can play it and get away with it without a vocalist. (in response to deadmen)

suicideangel_2
01-07-2007, 08:30 PM
go for it just dont do cannibal corpse, when I did it. it wasnt exactly a talent show but rather an assembly for the music students and their parents. my teachers wernt happy

Freunleven
01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Orion is an awesome instrumental, but you'll have to realize that some people won't really appreciate it. Those people, since we're dealing with high schoolers here, will have a preference for hip-hop, rap, country and "pop" music. However, given all the change-ups in the song, from the opening build, to the first solo, to the bass-centric interlude, to the concluding solos, there is no way anyone should get bored while listening to you play.

I say go for it, and blow their frikkin' minds, bro.

:satan:

METSOAD
01-08-2007, 04:55 AM
go for it, what do you have to lose (in school's guitar players have no dignity anyway)

GiantRaven
01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Go for it, that would be an awesome song to blast out at people

Who cares if they don't care for it

Get a video as well if you can, i'd like to see it

SilverStratocas
01-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Haha, yeah... the song is going pretty good, only problem is that our drummer just first heard the song like last week, so he doesn't know all the fills and whatnot, so we have to work with him really badly, but he has the beats, they just aren't no Lars Ulrich quality, but other than that, we should be ready to roll... auditions are on Friday. No doubt in my mind we'll make it.

I will have a video up after the show, I can assure you that much.

Killedmt
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Go for it. Orion > your high school. :D If they don't like it, tough.

SilverStratocas
01-20-2007, 03:52 AM
We just did the song today for the school, for over 700+ people, and man... that was the best damn feeling of my whole life.

We have a video too, crappy, but it's there.

This was a very first show, and we got this song down in practically a week. We didn't expect the audience to be going THAT crazy, people were headbanging and shit. When I started my solo I heard someone yell "Tear it up, Kirk!"

I'm the guy on left with the schecter and the ACDC shirt. I used some other bands amp because mine blew RIGHT ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW. :P

We're also 15, and new to the whole gigging thing. So tell us what you think :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2bk1bCzZ08

kaptink
01-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Nice vid. Its cool the crowd loved it too.

Satch_Boogie
01-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Youtube is being incredibly slow, but from the first few secs, sounds like the crowd loves you guys

LoungeAct
01-25-2007, 03:26 PM
i played this song for jeb bush in florida at the zooka fot

TheUnholy
01-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Respect. That's more or less all I can say. Bloody good show ^_^