Band... no?

PDA

View Full Version : Band... no?

nubular
01-07-2007, 11:10 PM
okay... well im in a band with a drummer, keybaordist, guitarist and me being bass..... we were all psyched about playin but we have been togeether for liek a couple months and done nothing.... and me adn the guiatrist had a acoustic/bass side project we are not rlly even doign anythign wiht... should i just search around for another band to play in and then if i actually do something with them leave the band im currently in? cuz ive tried starting ours and gettin it goin but it jsut hasnt happened

guitarpunk21
01-07-2007, 11:19 PM
dude that's just like me
i'm in a "band" with 2 of my other friends, but we've gotten together like once, and not too much happened, except at the end of everytime my bassist gets mad at me, I get mad at him, and our drummer gets mad at the bassist for getting mad at me

then I've ended up getting hit right above the groin with the headstock of his bass, because he was sitting down and not paying attention, and he wouldn't answer me, so I tapped him on the head with the body of my guitar.. It was really a tap too, it wasonly like an inch above his head.
but he got pissed off and turned around and hit me

it really sucks, but i'm looking to be in this other band that lives a few miles away though

El Penguino
01-07-2007, 11:20 PM
then your not really in a band, your just saying you are, find more serious musicians

guitarpunk21
01-07-2007, 11:27 PM
are you talking to both of us?

sjada
01-07-2007, 11:38 PM
do you actually get together with instruments and stuff and not make any progress or are you guys not even trying? with some of my bands ive been the one who always has to get everyone motivated, sometimes you just need one person to start doing stuff and eventually everyone else will start to. if youve been trying and theyre being completely impossible then theres no point anyway so ditch them

cick13
01-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Most likely.

dudey5691
01-07-2007, 11:44 PM
NUBULAR: well be a more serious band...my band made that mistake and we almost broke up. Just get together WITH INSTRUMENTS, play a few songs you all know...and build upon your playlist. Also, you could write some originals to get motivated.

GUITARPUNK: If all you guys do is fight, either compromise and play some massive music...or get that other band a few miles away and forget about the old band.

time for my life story...lol..

My band just replaced our old bassist with another one who is better...and now our old bassist is going to ruin all of the band members' lives..lol. What makes it worse..the current band wants the Battle of the Bands trophy from our old bassist, and he probably wants to keep it.
Anyone have any advice?

GiantRaven
01-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Heh, the amount of 'bands' i've been in where we never had a single practise

Go find some better people to make music with

nubular
01-09-2007, 12:47 AM
NUBULAR: well be a more serious band...my band made that mistake and we almost broke up. Just get together WITH INSTRUMENTS, play a few songs you all know...and build upon your playlist. Also, you could write some originals to get motivated.

GUITARPUNK: If all you guys do is fight, either compromise and play some massive music...or get that other band a few miles away and forget about the old band.

time for my life story...lol..

My band just replaced our old bassist with another one who is better...and now our old bassist is going to ruin all of the band members' lives..lol. What makes it worse..the current band wants the Battle of the Bands trophy from our old bassist, and he probably wants to keep it.
Anyone have any advice?

okay thanks... ill try that, and yes we practiced with instruments.... but anyways..... steal the trophy or sew him... i honestly would lol... u could win it back easily... cuz the band deserves it, not some retard thats not even in the band

JCShark
01-09-2007, 03:00 PM
If you do want to get a band really going tho, I would suggest having something to work to. Get in a band, get a gig booked for 2-3 months down the line, then you'll have something to work to and therefore motivate you.

Kamistan
01-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Umm.. If your not creating anything ,like everyone else , you're equally at fault. You'll only be cornered out if you go to a better band.

Blompcube
01-10-2007, 04:06 PM
okay... well im in a band with a drummer, keybaordist, guitarist and me being bass..... we were all psyched about playin but we have been togeether for liek a couple months and done nothing.... and me adn the guiatrist had a acoustic/bass side project we are not rlly even doign anythign wiht... should i just search around for another band to play in and then if i actually do something with them leave the band im currently in? cuz ive tried starting ours and gettin it goin but it jsut hasnt happened

well yeah i was in a band like this last summer.. i don't think they've noticed my absence yet, i decided to quit months ago... We kept getting together for a jam and then ending up wandering the streets aimlessly... it was so lame. i just thought "screw this, what am i actually DOING here..." and got another band.