Music stereotypes

PDA

View Full Version : Music stereotypes

lone_guitarist9
01-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Personally i think its BS that we have to categorize EVERY band, Every album and Every song into a specific title. it pisses me off that we disregard some bands because it is a certain type genre of music. yes, we do need genres of music but no the shit were you break ONE main genre like metal into 20 different smaller, worthless categories. leave it to stupid ****ing humans to ruin music and everything else. and don't bother replying or anything because quite frankly, i could give a **** less what you have to say. its my opinion and you may be another stereotypically human. someday maybe someone can just disregard that bullshit and really hear a band out, its not easy being a musicina. its not easy to get recognized, or write material a lot. thats why bands fade and leave the picture. so i have nothing more left to say but to bring back music to what it used to be. back when nothing mattered.. good music was good music. it wasn't put into a specific genre as to disregard all types of music in that genre.. :mad:

silent caution
01-08-2007, 03:29 AM
yeah stupid humans...now only if the music biz was run by retarted fish frogs

deportivo
01-08-2007, 03:37 AM
the unicorns practiced a category-free world of music, subdivided into "rock" and "other". one day however, the magic fairy princess from the rock unicorns (the rock sign, \m/ being partially thanks to this magic fairy princess) waged war on the "other" unicorn musicians, for being so pathetic and lame.

and then all the unicorns died.

Resiliance
01-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Jazz players used to say of the then new bebop style players "They're ruining our music".

It's always been the same. Stop whining.

craigr
01-08-2007, 03:57 AM
Its also got a lot to do with the influences of the individual bands as well, different bands that have the same influences pick up on similar sounds of people they admire so thats bound to come out.

hengler
01-08-2007, 04:01 AM
bring back music to what it used to be. back when nothing mattered.. good music was good music. it wasn't put into a specific genre as to disregard all types of music in that genre.. :mad:
For as long as there's been enough variety in music to do so people have always categorised it, it makes no sense not to. Of course people shouldn't judge music purely because of what genre it comes from but to say it shouldn't be categorised seems, to me, simply ridiculous.

Fezz
01-08-2007, 04:06 AM
i think we need music genres cause it may piss you off but it keeps other people happy who live in thir little worlds of 'alternative deathindie metal' and the like feeling chuffed that theyre into such wierdo shit
if we didnt have these genres i believe the world would turn into soup and complaining whinos like you would be spilled out first