Slash vs Iommi

PDA

View Full Version : Slash vs Iommi

puppetzmaster8
01-08-2007, 10:42 PM
So me and my friend are arguing over who is a better guitarist. I personally think Iommi, he thinks Slash. I wanna know all your guys opinion. I don't care if they cant be compared or that other nonsense, I just wanna know peoples personal opinions on who they like better. Just want to make an observation.

yawn
01-08-2007, 10:45 PM
No Vs. threads.

The Ted
01-08-2007, 10:48 PM
They both lower the tuning of their guitar. I think Slash has more skill and more emotion, but Iommi was more inovative. I think they are impossible to compare because Iommi lost parts of his fingers so it is extremely hard to measure his skill.

ChicagoMetal
01-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Dude.. Iommi ... he is far superior.
Like thats not even an argument....In fact im deeply angered that anyone would even compare slash to the God that Iommi is.

Ibzman
01-08-2007, 10:50 PM
... They're both awesome, I love Sabbath and I love GNR and VR, but I think Slash kicks more ass as a guitar player, his rythym and his solos are soulful, deep and rock the shit out of me.

danzig-_-
01-08-2007, 10:51 PM
IOMMI!!! **** YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!
slash is lame.
his lead-neck-pickup-riffs are cheesy.

init24
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
not gonna vote, its like comparing apples and oranges (they're different), only they both kick ass

ChicagoMetal
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
IOMMI!!! **** YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!
slash is lame.
his lead-neck-pickup-riffs are cheesy.

You said it. Slash and GNR are lame. His solos are incredibly boring.

I'm pretty sure half the people voting don't even know who Tony Iommi is, which is a sad sad thing.

diverdown04
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Dude.. Iommi ... he is far superior.
Like thats not even an argument....In fact im deeply angered that anyone would even compare slash to the God that Iommi is.
I bet you like metal don't you. Don't ask how I figured that one out...I want to hear your reasons why Iommi is better than Slash because it sounds to me like you see him as the better guitar player because he plays what you like. No body I've seen has really posted a real argument and the "this isn't an arguement, they shouldn't even be compared" etc. crap. It's not a question of which you like more, it's "which is better?"I really can't say beacuse I haven't listened to either of them enough to make a fair judgement. Sorry :peace:

yawn
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
not gonna vote, its like comparing apples and orangesApples win hands down. I HATE oranges.

diverdown04
01-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Apples win hands down. I HATE oranges.

OK, now that is very true. Oranges are too hard to peel for lazy people like me and they're sticky. However, I like orange juice more than apple juice. Hahaha. Just thought I might put that out there. :D

ChicagoMetal
01-08-2007, 11:02 PM
I bet you like metal don't you. Don't ask how I figured that one out...I want to hear your reasons why Iommi is better than Slash because it sounds to me like you see him as the better guitar player because he plays what you like. No body I've seen has really posted a real argument and the "this isn't an arguement, they shouldn't even be compared" etc. crap. It's not a question of which you like more, it's "which is better?"I really can't say beacuse I haven't listened to either of them enough to make a fair judgement. Sorry :peace:

For starters, need I even state the revolution that Black Sabbath started, specifically
Iommi's guitar style? He wrote completely unique music for his time. Slash just kinda did a few G-chords and threw in some pentatonics. (yes i know this is exaggeration) His playing is really nothing special, people just liked GNR's sound and slash got some rep for it.

yawn
01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
OK, now that is very true. Oranges are too hard to peel for lazy people like me and they're sticky. However, I like orange juice more than apple juice. Hahaha. Just thought I might put that out there. :DYeah, the main reason I hate oranges is cause they SQUIRT ALL OF THE PLACE! I hate that.

As for market-read juice, in which no peeling/juicing is involved, I probably prefer orange juice as well.

Just thought I might put that out there...