Unofficial "Wolfmother = jokers and THIEVES" thread

PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial "Wolfmother = jokers and THIEVES" thread

incockgnito
01-09-2007, 05:06 AM
IMO Wolfmother steals most of their "innovative" work from other artist (Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath mostly IMO), there is the place where you can share with your feelings about this...

1. "Woman" = LZ "Heartbreaker" (words and singing expression) mixed with BS "Children of the Grave" main riff. Mini-solo in the middle of this song also sounds somehow familiar for LZ fans...
2. "White Unicorn" = singing expresion of Ozzy aka The Great Bats/Chickens/Hamsters Killer :-) (he starts imitating The Black Prince in 0:49 of the song) Guitar also has "Iommi-a-like" sound of overdrive...
3. Pyramid sounds like biiig BS copy

Continue the thread if you like, I'm tired of the Wolfmother s***, I'm going to school

Lewiji
01-09-2007, 05:08 AM
OMG NO!? How can a band have inspiration! Shocking.

AAAAAAAAAARGH
01-09-2007, 05:45 AM
****ing typical. As soon as a CLASSIC ROCK band comes out then people start complaining, even though they've all been praying for a new CLASSIC ROCK band for the last few months. What? You expect a classic rock band to sound like electro pop? NO! THEY'RE GOING TO SOUND LIKE CLASSIC ROCK, YOU MORON. Wolfmother are steering the mainstream away from emo shite, which is fine with me

Kadaj
01-09-2007, 05:45 AM
OMG NO!? How can a band have inspiration! Shocking.

That would be fine apart from the fact that he denied that he had inspiration from them.

gunner_011
01-09-2007, 05:50 AM
if u dont like them.. dont listen to them and dont talk about them. Because a song sounds like another song... it doesnt mean that its not good or they didnt put work into it

deep_purple_00
01-09-2007, 10:57 AM
i really dig the wolfmother sounds. They've inspired me to go back and re-create the 70's rock feel, but in saying that, keeping the new prog rock style...

rx_eb
01-09-2007, 11:16 AM
****ing typical. As soon as a CLASSIC ROCK band comes out then people start complaining, even though they've all been praying for a new CLASSIC ROCK band for the last few months. What? You expect a classic rock band to sound like electro pop? NO! THEY'RE GOING TO SOUND LIKE CLASSIC ROCK, YOU MORON. Wolfmother are steering the mainstream away from emo shite, which is fine with me

new classic rock?
now we can see who's the moron ;)

it's okay to sound like classic rock but it's not okay at all for a modern band to rip off CR songs and deny that they don't have any Cr influences or inspiration. that's plagiarism :)

(but then again Led Zeppelin did rip off several blues songs as well :o )

*reporting*

Andrewbiles
01-09-2007, 11:31 AM
That would be fine apart from the fact that he denied that he had inspiration from them.

What are you on about? They performed a Zeppelin track at a hall of fame thing inducting Zeppelin and he said that when he met Jimmy he was extremely proud that he liked their version.

Like rx_eb says there though, Zeppelin ripped off a ton of blues songs in the first place, so how you can moan about this is a bit strange.

They're just playing music they like, if you don't like it, good, but if you think they're destroying classic rock then you're a bit mad, because they're not a classic rock band, the just play in a similar style... It's not like two bands have never sounded alike before.

*Closed*