starting out a band with an x-bandmate

PDA

View Full Version : starting out a band with an x-bandmate

Corpse_Defier
01-09-2007, 09:09 PM
so a while back i was in a band with a few friends and i left because of stupid issues we had (personal and band related issues), and then for a we didnt really talk to each other cause everyone was pretty pissed at me for somthing i didnt mean to do, but now weve all stopped being little pussy babies about it and were all cool now, but the old band i was in has since split up, and the drummer and were talkin and were gonna start up a death/thrash metal band (we both love death metal, and everyone else around here plays hardcore...which i hate...), but i want this band to go well, the other band was my first band and none of us really knew what we were doing. i was just wondering if anyone had any tips or anything. like tips about how to work on new songs together, getting motivated, etc.

and plus can anyone recommend any great death or thrash metal songs that would be fun to play together + impress our friends?

davebooska
01-09-2007, 09:15 PM
not sure if you like them, but behemoth is pretty fun to play. the drums are fast though from what i'm told by other drummers. i play the guitar parts all the time. VERY easy to rockout to. try the songs conquer all or demigod.

(()()lY
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM
you shouldnt be only metal you need to range between rock metal grunge and stuff like that and if you do try that try Toxicity by System Of A Down

Corpse_Defier
01-09-2007, 09:19 PM
i love behemoth, alot of times when i look up tabs for death metal its tuned really low (obviously) im not so sure my guitar could handle B standard or somthing, the lowest i ever tune is drop C, but i guess i could try a lower one

davebooska
01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
if behemoth is TOO evil or whatever- you should checkout Insomnium and Becoming The Archetype. they are both pretty good. Nodes of ranvier is pretty amazing, but they have like 8 tabs which sucks. SOMEONE SHOULD TAB MORE SONGS BY THEM

Corpse_Defier
01-09-2007, 09:33 PM
no no not to evil hahaha, i love evil sounding shit, im a death metal fan! crytopsy, cannibal corpse, gorguts, i just dont think my guitar will stay in tune so great if its super low, though ive never tried it so im not sure

davebooska
01-09-2007, 09:43 PM
dude play behemoth then. i know alot of their songs are tuned down, but just tune to DGCFAD. it will sound fine.

METSOAD
01-10-2007, 03:38 AM
Why not have a go at Exmortem version of Metal Milltia?

ar73m
01-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Dimmu Borgir are excellent melodic death, and they have tons of stuff in standard. A lot of songs aren't insanely hard either.

whalepudding
01-10-2007, 09:44 AM
^They aren't melodic death, they're Symphonic Black Metal.

deathmetalboy
01-10-2007, 03:34 PM
hey how long u been playin guitar? me and my friends just started a band and we kick ass we playin at our schools next dance!

Corpse_Defier
01-10-2007, 07:09 PM
ive been playin just past 3 years, and according to my friends and whatever im great, but to me (someone who actually knows a bit about music) im not great but im ok...i not much of a fan of dimmu, right now i know were gonna try out raining blood, beacause its just a great song that all metalheads will know, id like to play some cannibal corpse sounding stuff too, but ya, just throw out any recomendations you got

GiantRaven
01-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Some Death?